4670K error on LinPAck test OCCT

VAGTG

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
Hi all! :) I created a new rig after 6 years with
mainboard z87 g45 gaming by msi,
CPU:4670K with h60 hydro cooling push n' pull
RAM: dual channel corsair vengeance 8gb @ 1600Mhz and many more (look at http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Nr9 )

I decided to make a Cpu:Linpack test on OCCT after buying corsair's h60 hydro cooling solution with my cpu running @ 3.8 and cpu voltage to 1.1 V. The tests parameters where: duration 20 mins,1 min indle in the end only, memory 25% AVX capable Linpack and 64 bits.

After 4:32 mins I got an error" the core #0 reached max value" over 127 when limit was set by default on 85.
My airflow is very nice and when the test begun i had about 23 degrees on my case with all 6 fans on 50% and cpu temp below 25 deg too.

I THING IT'S FAULT! Intel's XTU and MSI's command center both say that the temp of cpu core #0 didn't go further than 57 celsius degrees for more than 2 seconds.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY DID THAT HAPPEN?
I thought it was bacause of thermal paste. I bought and applied with the "pie way" some of the arctic mx2 thermal compound but yet the same results ONLY on OCCT. Should I wait these 200hours that some people say for the thermal paste to be stable or is anything else

UPDATE:processor INTEGRATED VR FAULTS CANNOT BE ENABLED

Thanks

Vag :)

Hi and welcome to tom's hardware!

nothing sounds faulty or problematic yet, but I would like you to try something that will test if something is wrong; Prime95 Torture Test.

It'll run your CPU at 100% for a long as you want, a true test for a CPU. I would run this test for around 20 minutes, and if the screen doesn't flicker, driver/PC doesn't crash or random pixels aren't going anywhere on the screen, you have nothing to worry about.