Good enough laptop?

RikTelner

Honorable
Feb 28, 2014
Hey, is this laptop good enough for Photoshop (image editing), Adobe After effects (video editing), gaming and Virtual Machines? I'm not meaning just by specs that are required. I just need to know if following laptop is good enough to perform it all.

[[[[]]]
[[[]]]]

Summed up, is there any normal game, that teenagers could run nowadays, which would not run on my computer?

Solution
Im not sure about the amd radeon series because the majority of gaming laptops use nvidia graphics cards and any suggestions I make with radeon graphics would be a wild guess. For the nvidia "families" you want to look at the geforce and geforce gt lines because those are the gaming graphics cards. The nvidia quadro, and amd firepro are workstation graphics cards for calculations.

In the geforce line it's pretty simple. The 1st number means generation, and the 2nd number is performance or model EX: gt 630 means that it is before the 700 series, and after 500 series (not necessarily the 6th generation), and the 30 means its better than the 620 and worse than 640.

In general I'd recommend at least a 650 or 750 for mobile gaming. The 765...

RikTelner

Honorable
Feb 28, 2014

Sure, could you bump up some not expensive/not cheap ideas?
I appreciate I found you, cause lately I have seen many useless spammers around.
Oh, and by the way, what do I look at by GPU? I mean, I see V-RAM, the more, the better.
Is there anything else to look at?
Thanks for reliable answer.

@edit
I can choose between following:
AMD Raedon HD 7xxx
NVIDIA GeForce GTX
NVIDIA GeForce GT
NVIDIA Quadro
NVIDIA Geforce
AMD FirePro

Does your professional eye spot any good sounding titles which I could browse through? Or is it still not enough? I do realize these are just families. But `Intel Core i7` family is better than `Intel Core i3` family.

@edit2
I sought for another computer. How does "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M" sound? I kept Googlin' and people are saying that it's great for gaming also on ultra setting (ultra settings = settings that require most performance of GPU).

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Im not sure about the amd radeon series because the majority of gaming laptops use nvidia graphics cards and any suggestions I make with radeon graphics would be a wild guess. For the nvidia "families" you want to look at the geforce and geforce gt lines because those are the gaming graphics cards. The nvidia quadro, and amd firepro are workstation graphics cards for calculations.

In the geforce line it's pretty simple. The 1st number means generation, and the 2nd number is performance or model EX: gt 630 means that it is before the 700 series, and after 500 series (not necessarily the 6th generation), and the 30 means its better than the 620 and worse than 640.

In general I'd recommend at least a 650 or 750 for mobile gaming. The 765 should be good. I like the asus G series, lenovo also has a gaming series.

Solution