Want to set up 2 monitors with dvi cables with a gpu that only has 1 dvi port

That one idiot

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
I just bought a gtx 750ti FTW and I can 2 run 2 monitors on it. The monitors work best with dvi. Then only problem is that the gpu only has 1 display port. I want an expanded view not a duplicate. What can I do to set up 2 monitors with DVI on one GPU that only has 1 Dvi port. Can I just get a HDMI to DVI cable? Will that change how things will look on 1 monitor? I ask this because when I use a hdmi there is a black border that goes around my screen. There is no border when I use a dvi .

Solution
There should be no problem once the Nvidia driver is installed. The machine I'm on now has one monitor connected via DVI to DVI, the other monitor via DVI to HDMI. Full display on both, no border.
In fact, it should be fine on the HD 7570 too. Do you have the latest AMD graphic driver installed for that card?
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

That one idiot

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
I was running it on a 7570. That was just from the store. I have not had the chance yet to even put the card in yet. I was just making sure that the hdmi to dvi adapter would make both screens the exact same.

That one idiot

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014

I didn't even bother downloading the new drivers. I just ordered the hdmi to dvi cord, and I'm hoping that everything will look good.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The reason you have the black border is because you don't have the AMD driver installed. Window's default driver doesn't know how to handle some things properly. Download the latest driver from the link I left (or use the one that came with the card) and install it.