Last response: in CPUs
April 30, 2014 6:27:32 PM

I recently built a gaming computer with the following components

-AMD-8350 processor
-GTX 780 ACX Superclocked
-8 GB Corsair Vengeance,-
-XFX Pro 850 Watt Non Modular Power Supply -
Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0

The first day I tried to build it, I kept getting the oh so common red motherboard CPU light. I spent hours troubleshooting, and at the end of the day realized it must have been a problem with the board. I shipped it back to Amazon and received a new one. I put the computer together quickly and had no problems. Recently, while playing games (Red Orchestra 2 and STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl), my computer has completely froze and the red CPU light goes on. I try to press the power button to turn the computer off, nothing happens. I hold it in, still nothing. I need to turn off the power supply for the computer to shut down. If I turn the computer back on immediately, my monitor detects no signal, and in order to get the signal back, I need to unplug the DVI cable from the graphics card. This issue with No-signal also seems to occur if I'm away from the computer for a long time. Does anyone know why my computer freezes like this, could it be that the processor is getting too hot? I use CoreTemp and it usually records my average temperature while running games to be anywhere from 35 to 45 Degrees Celcius. This has happened four times so far, and any help is appreciated.

More about : complete freeze playing games

a c 92 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
April 30, 2014 9:19:54 PM

This is an odd thing. Which OS are you using? And You did say it was a total freeze not a BSOD...I have had this happen to me once while watching a movie with VLC, The system Completely froze and the image on screen just stayed there, Froze. I had to hard reset and Even after I restarted and checked the events nothing was in there for that time except that Windows was not properly shutdown. I noticed with Windows 8 pro BSODs always have an error file or event name. but this is still bugging me. So make sure to look in the event viewer and try to identify the issue at the time of error. Also Just to make sure it is not a Memory issue try running memtestx86. it is a very reliable tool and there is instructions on the webpage.