Monitor do not work when i plug it on my motherboard VGA

Marco Chartrand

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
I have my main monitor plugged in my graphic card but i want to plug my second 1 (VGA) into my motherboard since i do not have the adapter for it (white plug ) i got a brand new cpu heres what i could get if u can help me
http://

the monitor i want to plug is NEC MultiSync LCD1530V 15.1" LCD Monitor

maybe its just too old?

Solution

I believe you support graphics from your card AND from the motherboard (through the CPU's iGPU) though you should read your Motherboard Manual to confirm that.

If you do support this, you probably need to make a change in your motherboard BIOS.

From an article about HASWELL CPU's with an iGPU:
"It is also interesting that Intel allows for operation of an onboard graphics at the same time with the dedicated graphics in a PCIe x16 slot. This way, the user can connect two monitors to the PCIe solution, and up to two more on the onboard graphics."
It's likely you can only use the video output from the graphics card.

In some cases you can use BOTH, but you need a suitable CPU with an iGPU and the ability to use multi-monitor support (enabled in the BIOS). My i7-3770K works.

*Your best bet is to get the DVI->VGA adapter. It's cheap and solves your problem.

I believe you support graphics from your card AND from the motherboard (through the CPU's iGPU) though you should read your Motherboard Manual to confirm that.

If you do support this, you probably need to make a change in your motherboard BIOS.

From an article about HASWELL CPU's with an iGPU:
"It is also interesting that Intel allows for operation of an onboard graphics at the same time with the dedicated graphics in a PCIe x16 slot. This way, the user can connect two monitors to the PCIe solution, and up to two more on the onboard graphics."

Solution