Hello G3 Phone? LG Schedules 'G' Event for May 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
I really liked the design of the G2, but if the speculation is true, the G3's resolution war has crossed the line of ludicrous - most content is still 720p or less, and pixel density beyond 300ppi isn't practical, as most content is viewed from about 10 - 12" (ie "Retina"), especially with larger and larger screens; what am I going to do 2360x1440 on a tablet phone!? I don't view content with my eye-ball pressed against the screen. The closest I can comfortably view content on my note II is about 9" (typically I'm more than a foot away though), and at 1080p screen would be "Retina" even at 9". If I'm viewing 1080p from 12" or more, which is typical, a 1080p screen could be 7.5 - 8" and still be "Retina" If that screen sacrifices battery life, it's a deal-breaker for me. And considering my Note II's 720p Super AMOLED screen is the primary battery drain on my phone, which is pretty efficient, I don't see how the G3 is going to get respectable battery life while retaining that ridiculous resolution. Again, impractical at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.