Ubuntu for Android Development Stuck in Limbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
For those that depend on Linux, it's not a bad concept. There was a similar concept for Windows Phone as well.....except docking the phone would present you with a full blown Windows desktop instead of Linux.

I'm still waiting to find out what phone maker supposedly signed a deal with Canonical for Ubuntu Touch. I'll be surprised if that doesn't end up in "limbo" with Ubuntu for Android...

zakaron

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I think this is a fascinating concept, but too bad it seems to have stalled. This has the potential to actually bridge portability with productivity.
Perhaps if OnePlus takes off, they will consider a 2nd line of phones with Ubuntu. I can see them being an ideal partner that Canonical needs.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Actually this is a great concept. imagine your office only need to provide you a monitor, a mouse, a keyboard, and a compatible phone. Saving the company's budget and improving the employee's mobility and portability at the same time. No more worries about carrying a laptop everywhere with you or forget to bring one.

Status
Not open for further replies.