Honorable
Apr 29, 2014
Hello,

Figured time has come to upgrade my old war horse. I currently have
Processor: i5 760 @2.80 GHZ *
Graphics card: Ati Radeon HD 5800
Motherboard: Asus P7P55D
Memory: 12Gb

After some research, my current plan is to switch PSU and GFX. I have my eyes set on

either
MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming OC Edition 2048 MB
or
Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2048 MB DirectCU II OC

For Power,
Corsair CX600M V2 CX

Do you folks think this would look just about alright?

I'd like to doublecheck if you feel my existing motherboard and processor would get along with these new additions. Do you feel this would be good power for my card? Which of the two 760s would you go with?

PsychSC2

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
600W is fine with GTX 760. I would suggest going for the MSI GTX760. It has a better non-reference cooler compared to Asus's DirectCU.

Flagg

Honorable
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for the info!

I've chosen to buy my parts from a nearby comp store rather than ordering via mail. Their available stock is why I'm dermined to go for these specific items.

I've heard some measure of bad things about modern Corsairs. Is the information I was able to provide on this one ( Corsair CX600M V2 CX) enough to determine if this comes with quality bits or something..riskier?

Also, I've never switched a PSU before. Or done much PC building besides switching memories or network LAN cards etc. I'm reasonably optimistic of being able to manage this fine enough. Still, if anyone happens to know any exceptinally good and clear and helpful guides/videos about switching and replacing power, I'd appreciate links.