Advice on new CPU/Memory/Motherboard bundle please

tjcutts

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Hello there,

Hi I am from the UK and new to these forums and was wondering if anybody could please help me with some choices regarding a new 4th Gen build. The 4 components i need are CPU/Memory/Motherboard and a case (Preferably white). My budget is around £400. Please bear in mind that this build will be mainly for video editing and streaming, and i need to be able to add a big graphics card later on for gaming once i have the cash.

I have seen the following components on Scan.co.uk and the case on Ebay for the following prices;

Intel Core i7 4770K, S1150, Haswell, Quad Core, 3.5GHz, 3.9GHz Turbo, 1250MHz GPU 35x Ratio 84W
£220

Corsair Memory Vengeance Red 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop Sandybridge
£60

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 Intel Z87 Socket 1150 Motherboard
£75

Thermaltake Commander MS-I White
£35

Please can anybody let me know if these are going to be a good base 4th gen computer for my budget or if there are better choices out there please can you let me know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Kind Regards
Tim

tjcutts

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Thank you will this bundle be able to stream and video edit with ease and will it be able to transform into a decent gamer with a graphics card later on added?

Thanks

tjcutts

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Are the 3 main components all compatible with each other as the corsair memory indicates sandybridge in its name but is all ddr3 memory the same regardless? Also the processor says S1150, what does the S indicate?

Thanks