Which monitor should I get and what brand is good

GetOwnedGaming

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I am building a gaming PC and I was wondering if Acer makes good monitors?

Here are a few I'm looking at.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-H236HL-bid-23-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00AZMLIDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399056097&sr=8-1&keywords=this+bezel+monitor

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-CFGKT-IPS-LED-21-5-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B009H0XQPU/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1399055903&sr=1-4&keywords=thin+bezel+monitor

http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-22-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399056343&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+21.5+inch+monitor

So far I like the Dell and Acer more. I have heard bad things about Dell computers but I dont know about their monitors. I have heard nothing about Acer computers or Monitors. Please let me know what is the best one for me is. I will be doing some YouTube videos of Minecraft game play. I will be using DxTory to capture. I have the Gigabyte GTX 760 WINDFORCE card in case you needed to know.

Thanks for the help!

Solution

Well it depends on what you are looking for. The Samsung monitor is a TN panel, so you will get faster GTG times and less input lag. The LG is IPS, you will get better color reproduction and viewing angles on the LG.

The problem I found was that when I searched on other sites like new...

GetOwnedGaming

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

Thanks for the opinion! I will be looking for more opinions on this. If you read this thread I would like it if you all would give your opinions on this too.
Thanks!

ChrisR83

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
personally like ASUS and BenQ monitors. I would recommend the VS228H-P.

Look at the reviews to get more information about each monitor from people who own them. The ASUS has over 2k reviews to go through, you will find out allot about a product by reading them. Where the other two choices you linked have less than 300. I don’t know if that means people don’t post reviews on them or if the ASUS is just a more popular product. I recommend you get in and read some to get a feel for each monitor.

ChrisR83

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014

G-sync is awesome but it is still new and you are going to pay a lot for it. But if G-sync is a something you want, you can get a ASUS VG248QE monitor for $270 on new egg. Then once the price starts going down you can get the DIY kit and install the G-sync mod yourself.

GetOwnedGaming

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

ChrisR83

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
Here is the short answer. G-sync works by matching your monitors refresh rate to the FPS your GPU is putting out. So you will get zero screen tearing with little/no input lag, at higher frame rates. Unlike Vsync that caps your GPU to 60 FPS, capping at 60 will cause you to get dips in your FPS, and it also increases your input lag. if you are playing shooter type games you will notice it more than if you are playing games like skyrim.

ChrisR83

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014

Well it depends on what you are looking for. The Samsung monitor is a TN panel, so you will get faster GTG times and less input lag. The LG is IPS, you will get better color reproduction and viewing angles on the LG.

The problem I found was that when I searched on other sites like new egg, I got two monitors with that part number. The cheaper of the two $129 has a 15ms response time. The one with a 5ms response time was $239. Amazon shows it at 5ms but I don’t know if I would trust those numbers.

Of the two you linked I would go with the Samsung for reasons listed above.

Solution