CPU problem? (fps drop)

Mare Mare

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
Hello! First of all sorry for my english.

I have a huge problem which i didnt solved yet and its really anoying me. I builded my very first PC two days ago and my specs are :

CASE - NZXT Source SE 210H Black
PSU - XFX 650W Core Edition
MOTHERSCARD - Asus M5A78L-M LX3
CPU - Fx6300
GPU - MSI Radeon R9 270X Gaming 2G 2GB
RAM - Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL10 8GB (KHX1600C10D3B1/8G)
HDD - WD Blue WD10EZEX 64MB 1TB
SDD - Samsung evo 840 128GB

So my problem is that i get small framerate drops in every game ive tried so far, and those games are Battlefield 4 , Thief , Assassins Creed Black flag and Batman Arkham origins. Its not a massive framerate drop but its anoying and it doesnt matter if change graphics to HIGH or LOW framerates drops anyway (even at low). For example Battlefield 4 fps is on 70-80 but almost every 3-5 seconds drops fast to the 40-50 then goes up again and so on. And most of the time it drops when something happen on the screen for example big battles or explosions. I do understand that i dont have perfect PC but this should not be happening at low. Then Assassins creed Black flag , almost all the time fps is around 45 and sometimes goes up, probably because game is big and open field most of the time. And when it comes to Thief i framerate drops almost never , probably because games is almost every time in close quaters , but framerates does drop from smooth 60 fps to the very anoying 40 when in open area. Same happens with Batman Arkham origins. I know this is small fps drops , but belive me its very anoying when goes upp and down whole the time. I bough my pc so i can enjoy. NOT FAIR!

Now what i did to try to fix this?
Ive installed all the drivers and i do thinks they are up to date. GPU drivers are 14.10 version , newest.
Then ive tried to unpack my cpu cores. Then ive watched temperatures on HW monitor to see if its get to high.
CPU goes max at 45 C and GPU somewhere about 50C. And i dont have any program running while playing. I dont know what to do anymore , really. Im so sad that i cant fix my PC from the day i bought it.
I did ordered cooler master hyper 212 to see its that going to save me.

Do you think that my CPU cause this?
Do you think that HW Monitor showing wrong , that my cpu or gpu is actually hot ?

hope you guys can help me ! Thanks in advance!

Every gaming computer gets these lag spikes of CPU bottlenecked areas. Faster CPUs handle them better and deliver higher minimum FPS. You can overclock your CPU and manually tune your RAM to best frequency and timings to alleviate some of that.

As far as temperatures, HWMonitor is wrong. See my little faq on that:

Mare Mare

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
Thank you for answering! So you think that is good for my pc to overclock cpu on this specs ? Motherboard can handle ? Gpu?

And sorry but how do i tune my ram ?

That board isn't a good clocker board due to power handling, but you could get away with tuning the maximum Turbo P state in AMD Overdrive and it wouldn't stress the board much at all. I don't have a faq written for either of those, yet, but I can give you a link to AMD's offical guide on the matter:

http://sites.amd.com/us/Documents/AMD_FX_Performance_Tuning_Guide.pdf

memory tuning is the most complex and time consuming part of overclocking. I'm going to write a faq soon :)