Low performance for my spec

alzakiel

Distinguished
May 2, 2014
Hello Everyone and sorry if i might not be in the good section!

It does 1 year already i upgraded my pc with some new parts and made it pass through some benchmark like Heaven 4.0 and 3DMark FireStrike. And now and then i receive message like these on video i posted on youtube

Last Message : ol my pc specs are msi geforce gtx 760 2 gb, intel core 2 quad q8400 2.67 ghz , 6gb ddr2 ram clocked at 1333 and im running this on 90 fps (overal) not overclocked lolollololol?

Aka im thinking he might be bragging a bit too much but who know im not an expert with computer and the upgrade i made it's because product were having good review and because my father know way more about pc than i do*Lol*.. So here my spec

MotherBoard: DH61CR (Sandy Bridge)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 16GB RAM 1333mhz Corsair CMX16GX 2x8GB
Graphic Card: Asus Ge-Force GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB DDR5
Cooling: 2x120mm Cougar VortexPWM Hydro-Dynamic Bearing 800-1500rpm/70CFM CF-V12HP
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 750w 80 Plus Bronze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG54egyK0-s&feature=gp-n-y

And i feel like i am getting mediocre perfomance,,, And i really do not know why and i would like some opinion. If possible :/ and forgive me if my english isnt the best, im alway trying to do my best to write has good has i can.

Thanks you all in advance!

Alzakiel

Your performance is fine, perhaps a bit low. What AA were your set to? trolls will be trolls.

He is probably using different settings than you are which can easily change the results.

Your 16gb RAM will not give any performance over 8gb or even 6gb in pretty much any game or GPU benchmark.

Also, the CPU makes very little difference in this particular benchmark.

alzakiel

Distinguished
May 2, 2014

What AA ? Ermm sorry im not really good with abreviation

alzakiel

Distinguished
May 2, 2014
Ok i was kind of worrying because some people with pretty much same spec *Or lower like that guy bragging about his 90 FPS* said they we're getting better perfomance than i did so i was kind of what the hell going on and how many time i could think about it in the few last months i never seen any problem with my material... It is good to have a confirmation im not crazy because otherwise i would still think about it.

On an other note... While searching the spec of the bragger motherboard and mine to compare them i seen my CPU was compatible with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 and i wondered if i should use it to raise my CPU to 3.3Ghz and while at it if it could be a good idea to maybe overclock a bit my GPU?

My father kind of tough i would want an overclock but in the end i alway wondered if my actual Cooling would be enough to reduce the heat it will do... Or if i could increase it enough to see any difference other than only a few more fps and a possible overheat ?

They are full of it. They probably ran the benchmark on different settings and got different results.

Your CPU can't really be overclocked. It is designed for turbo boost so go for it. It won't hurt anything. It will not make any real difference either.

Also, note that the motherboard does not have any effect at all on performance.

If you want to overclock your GPU for for it, but do not expect any big gains or anything.

alzakiel

Distinguished
May 2, 2014
Bahh .. i won't overclock my GPU for barely any difference .. That's why i was asking.. Could have been nice if it would have given a good gain in perfomance otherwise it will probably only kill it faster

Thanks for the help! It was fast haha :p *i don't think there is much else to ask unless someone know something we don't?*

alzakiel

Distinguished
May 2, 2014
It is more in-game perfomance i was talking :p .. Benchmark we're more for the fun to see how well my new GPU was running ^^