Got Champion Award - What did I do???

Hi,

I just received the Champion badge for April, and I have no idea what I did. It says: "Top a chart" or something like that, and I only got like six best answers. I started my account like 4/15/14.

Did I legitimately do this?

Thank you!

Solution
Champion
You've achieved a first place rank on a monthly expert billboard and take the title of Champion!

this occurs when you have the most best answers in a month. i do believe this award is granted either if you are at the top in a specific forum category (such as cpus) or in general for all forum categories (counting all posts and ba's from any section)

it looks like you have 9 best answers in cpus. if you got them all at once then it could be that you topped the list for the cpu section last month. since the charts reset every month i cannot tell you for sure.

although i agree it sounds odd... it could definitely be legitimate. the activity levels around here fluctuate and so do rankings of individuals every month. perhaps some...
Champion
You've achieved a first place rank on a monthly expert billboard and take the title of Champion!

this occurs when you have the most best answers in a month. i do believe this award is granted either if you are at the top in a specific forum category (such as cpus) or in general for all forum categories (counting all posts and ba's from any section)

it looks like you have 9 best answers in cpus. if you got them all at once then it could be that you topped the list for the cpu section last month. since the charts reset every month i cannot tell you for sure.

although i agree it sounds odd... it could definitely be legitimate. the activity levels around here fluctuate and so do rankings of individuals every month. perhaps some other users were having a slow month or you provided the best answers first.

Solution

Yeah it's very weird! There are these guys that have like 50000 best answers I would've never guessed!

Anyway, thanks for the help! I noticed there's no 'best answer' button here, what the heck, but thanks!

there wasnt a best answer button since you set up the thread as a discussion not question thread.

when you start a new thread this is what happens when you uncheck "request solutions.......(not a discussion)" box.

if you wanted a BA button i changed the thread type so that you now have one. if you ever start a thread accidentally as a discussion and lack the BA button just pm a moderator and they can change it to a question type thread for you. an alternative would be to use the "report abuse" button and note the text "please change this thread to a question type thread" and it should also be fixed without you needing to pm one of us. if you are in a forum section (such as this one, opinions and experiences) and you wait for a bit on the main listing the list of mods will appear. it can take a few minutes though.

well i think 50,000 is a bit of an exaggeration for best answers... but one of our own mods is close to 4,000BA and 44,000 posts. that makes my 894/8040 look not so impressive :lol:

if you want badges... they are easy to get if you know what you're talking about and are active on here. on relevant threads an icon will show up near your name which shows that you've helped (and received BAs) in the past for this type of thread which lends you some credibility in the eyes of some users.

Makes more sense, haha. I'm a freaking champion and I don't know squat about how to start a thread... haha.

Thanks! I just think the peculariest thing is that I have not one, but TWO Champion badges, which means that I was at the top for two months. That's pretty impressive for someone who has only had account for just two WEEKS.

Haha whatever, I guess I earned it somehow.