Thoughts and recommendations on gaming build

StefanMcFeeters

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Hey guys, I am currently putting together parts for a new gaming build for under $1400. I'm purchasing all my parts from my local MSY which should save me around $100-$300 in shipping.
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/StefanMcFeeters/saved/4yDE
So far i'm not 100% on my motherboard since it is fairly cheap, but since i definitely wont be overclocking i don't believe i need any special features.
I am also not sure about the CPU cooler i have chosen since it is also quite inexpensive.
In regards to the modular power supply i have chosen, i am also wondering if i am better of with it over a non-modular one seeing as i am using a microATX case.
Also, the 32gb SSD i have chosen will be solely responsible for the OS as I would rather have a separate HDD for my games to reduce background tasks from interfering with game-play.
I'd appreciate any recommendations or changes you may have.
Cheers.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
I would just say that if your absolutely not going to overclock, scratch the cooler and stick with stock or definitely a cheaper one. Plus the 32GB SSD isn't going to be enough to hold the OS. Right now, looking at just my windows directory, it's at 28 GB. Either up that or scratch it too. Since your buying from store and have custom prices, there is not much I would attempt to change because of unknown pricing at your location.

StefanMcFeeters

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014

Are you 100% certain that the stock cooler won't overheat when playing games at the highest the GPU can handle?
I might just stick with the 1 WD Blue then.
Feel free to recommend anything changes, MSY has a lot of differnet products in stock.
Thanks for the reply.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Nope. Stock will be fine with stock clocks. I've actually had some slight overclocks on stock fans (5-8%) with no heat issues. It will handle anything you throw at it.

StefanMcFeeters

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014

Sweet.
In regards to the motherboard, should I be looking for any specific features?

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
That motherboard is great for entry-level gamer. Has SATA6 ports for HDD, one PCIe for GPU, USB 3.0, 5.1 integrated sound. Other than that, not much else special about it. Will do fine.