Buying new gaming pc

aliborhan

Reputable
May 4, 2014
Hello
Sorry , My English isn't good
I want to buy a new gaming pc . I want to have it for at least 8 years and I want to upgrade my gpu at the year 2018 . my budget for buying and upgrading is 13000$ .
I don't know that socket 2011 is better for me or socket 1150 . I made a list for each socket and I am going to post it . please read and tell me which one is better for me ?
I want this for : 1- Gaming 2- Delete sex scenes from movies
I prefer to buy nVidia

aliborhan

Reputable
May 4, 2014
Socket 1150
CPU : Core i7 4770K
MB : Maximus VI Extreme Or Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK
RAM : Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz CL10 (4*8GB)
GPU : 3*ROG GTX780TI P
ُSound Card : Creative Sound Blaster ZXR ( Only with ASUS MB )
SSD : OCZ RevoDrive 350 960GB
HDD : 2*WD Caviar Black 1TB
ODD : Pioneer BDR-2209
CPU Water Block : Koolance 380I
Graphic Card Water Block : XSPC Rzor GTX780TI
Pump : XSPC D5 Dualbay Pump/Reservoir Combo V2
Reservoir : XSPC Photon 270
Radiator : XSPC RX480
Coolant : Koolance LIQ-705
Termal Compund : Coollabratory Liquid Ultra + Noctua NT-H1
Fan : 12*Enermax T.B.Silence PWM + 4*Enermax T.B.Vegas Quad
PSU : Corsair AX1500i
Case : CASELABS TH10
Monitor : BenQ XL27020Z Or ROG Swift PG278Q Or ASUS PB287Q
Mouse : Razer Ouroborus
Keyboard : Razer BlackWindow Ultimate Stealth Elite
Mouse Mat : Razer Mantocor
Speaker : Logitech Z906
Racing Wheel : Logitech G27

OnkelCannabia

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Is that a typo and you meant 1,300$ or do you actually want to spend 13,000$? What you are planning isn't really a good idea. Today's high end consumer products are the best commercially available gaming products you can buy. You can't just spend more money than what the most expensive consumer products cost and expect more performance. There is a limit of what a single CPU can do and that limit will only be overcome by new technology. No matter how much you pay for a CPU now, it will be outdated in 8 years.

You need a very good setup now and upgrade some time in the future. That is simply the way it is. A $1000 CPU today will be outperformed by a $100 CPU in 8 years easily! A year ago I bought an old AMD quad core for 65€ on ebay which significantly outperforms the fastest consumer CPU from 8 years ago. That CPU was priced at nearly 1200$ when it came out.

If you really have 13000$ to spend, get an Intel extreme now (socket 2011 is more future-proof) and maybe a Titan-Z. Save the rest to upgrade some time in the future. With that much money to spare you can even pay someone to do the upgrade for you. It is a much much much better solution than trying to build a PC now that will last you 8 years. You will not be maxing out games with any consumer PC you build today, no matter how much money you throw at it.

aliborhan

Reputable
May 4, 2014
Socket 2011
CPU : Core i7 4960X
MB : Rampage IV Extreme Black
RAM : 2*Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz CL9 (4*4GB)(CMD16GX3M4A2400C9)
GPU : 3*ROG GTX780TI P
SSD : OCZ RevoDrive 350 960GB
ODD : Pioneer BDR-2209
CPU Water Block : Koolance 380I
Graphic Card Water Block : XSPC Rzor GTX780TI
Pump : XSPC D5 Dualbay Pump/Reservoir Combo V2
Reservoir : XSPC Photon 270
Radiator : XSPC RX480
Coolant : Koolance LIQ-705
Termal Compund : Coollabratory Liquid Ultra + Noctua NT-H1
Fan : 12*Enermax T.B.Silence PWM + 4*Enermax T.B.Vegas Quad
PSU : Corsair AX1500i
Case : CASELABS TH10
Monitor : BenQ XL27020Z Or ROG Swift PG278Q Or ASUS PB287Q
Mouse : Razer Ouroborus
Keyboard : Razer BlackWindow Ultimate Stealth Elite
Mouse Mat : Razer Mantocor
Speaker : Logitech Z906
Racing Wheel : Logitech G27

aliborhan

Reputable
May 4, 2014
Is that a typo and you meant 1,300$ or do you actually want to spend 13,000$? What you are planning isn't really a good idea. Today's high end consumer products are the best commercially available gaming products you can buy. You can't just spend more money than what the most expensive consumer products cost and expect more performance. There is a limit of what a single CPU can do and that limit will only be overcome by new technology. No matter how much you pay for a CPU now, it will be outdated in 8 years.

You need a very good setup now and upgrade some time in the future. That is simply the way it is. A $1000 CPU today will be outperformed by a $100 CPU in 8 years easily! A year ago I bought an old AMD quad core for 65€ on ebay which significantly outperforms the fastest consumer CPU from 8 years ago. That CPU was priced at nearly 1200$ when it came out.

If you really have 13000$ to spend, get an Intel extreme now (socket 2011 is more future-proof) and maybe a Titan-Z. Save the rest to upgrade some time in the future. With that much money to spare you can even pay someone to do the upgrade for you. It is a much much much better solution than trying to build a PC now that will last you 8 years. You will not be maxing out games with any consumer PC you build today, no matter how much money you throw at it.
OK
So I should buy an i7 extreme like 4960X , 2011 soket mother board like rampage iv extreme black.
but about graphic card . i prefer to buy sli gtx 780ti or titan black.
because sli gtx680 wins gtx690 and other examples like this .
and about price : please correct my socket 2011 list .
I don't know how I should reduce the price

OnkelCannabia

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
OK. I can't tell you anything about water cooling because my knowledge on that subject is very limited. I can help you with the rest though:

CPU : Core i7 4960X
Get an i7 4930K instead if you want to save money. The only difference between these two CPUs is that the 4960X has slightly faster clock speed. If you are going for water cooling you will want to overclock it and then the difference will be negligible. A good 4930K might even overclock better than a bad 4960X (There is no way to tell in advance how well a particular CPU of one type will overclock compared to another one of the same type )

Rampage IV Extreme Black
Is that socket 2011? I couldn't find that model where I looked. Either way, you don't need to pay $500 for a MB. Good MB start at maybe $130. Since you want to go SLI and have a big budget you can pay much more. Maybe $300 or something along those lines. If you want to save money, $500 is definitely not necessary. I can't recommend any alternative to you, as I don't know anything about Socket 2011 boards.

The black series is usually very expensive compared to the green series. It is also faster, but if you have a 1TB SSD, you will probably do your video editing and gaming on that SSD. So you could probably get double the storage for the same price if you go green and just use the SSD for all things that require speed. If you believe you will actually need the speed, then go ahead though.

RAM : 2*Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz CL9 (4*4GB)(CMD16GX3M4A2400C9)
This is very good RAM, but 2400 MHZ isn't really necessary. Bandwidth isn't really a problem today with RAM. Consoles only have one type of RAM, that's why it was an issue with the Xbox One. PCs have DDR3 RAM and GDDR5 VRAM, which has plenty of bandwidth. It is hard to tell what the future will hold, but if the 2400 MHZ RAM is too expensive you can go down to 2133 MHZ easily.

Monitor:
I can't tell you what specific monitor to get because that would require a lot of research for which I don't have time. If you are spending thousands of dollars for your PC, I would get a really good monitor as well. Maybe get a decent 1440p monitor for gaming?

OK, that's it. I hope I could help.

aliborhan

Reputable
May 4, 2014
thanks
for mb i want to have an asus rog because i have maximus iv extreme z and it was very good ( a problem in the cieling made me to buy a new pc because cieling fall on my pc and i had to say good by to my nice pc ) . and if i buy another rog board i have to buy a sound card and i have to pay 100$ at least .
for hdd i am going to buy 2 well keeped caviar black 1tb for 40 per hdd . so it is not really neccesary to change my caviar black to green .
and about ram
changing it to 2133 only subtract max to 300 but we are talking to reduce at least 2000