gaming, streaming, & editing: pc build help

hint

Reputable
May 4, 2014
ok, i guess ill start with my name. Im nick, nice to meet all of you.

Today i wanted to ask you what possible components i may need to upgrade (if not all of them) to preform the tasks listed ; gaming (at least med quality settings for most games), streaming the game im playing via twitch on atleast 1280x720, and video editing.

my current set up:

processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
graphics card: GeForce GTX 650
Ram: ~13gigs OCZ DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) gold series
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5P
Power supply: Zalman 850 watt ZM850-HP

Case: antec 1200
keyboard: black widow ultimate
mouse: 2014 razor naga

I need to open my case to actually see the type of ram i have, as well as the mobo.

i built this pc 6 or more years ago right when the first intel i7 came out. and have only needed to change my graphics card which was a downgrade imo lol.

i know my pc is old but its been threw alot and can still play most of the games i currently play on med or higher. the problem is when i start streaming. which probably has to do with the cpu.

also i have, i believe a 750-100 watt power supply. i cant remember exactly. since its about 8 years old should i possibly upgrade that?

the case im using is an antec 1200 , and i dono if many of you have experienced owning one but it is one loud Mother****ing case and it is to loud for steaming (to much background noise) if you can recommend a newer case to me that is more quite as well as has a decent cooling system (separate or combined) that would be awesome.

also i have heard that windows xp is one of the better os's to use while gaming and the like. is this true and should i downgrade from windows 7?

sorry this will be the last question. do you guys think a 28.5 down and 6.2 up is decent for streaming? is it to low? or am i fine where im at?

ill get back to you guys on exactly what type of ram i have and what mobo im using.

thanks! :D

Bazooka821

Reputable
May 4, 2014
When it comes to game streaming it really depends, you should test it out, as It's difficult to predict, your PC seems alright, maybe a GPU upgrade would be a healthy upgrade, but apart from that, your PC seems alright for PC streaming.

-Conner.

hint

Reputable
May 4, 2014

i have streamed, about 2-3 weeks now, and i notice i lag in the games i play. i can play on higher video settings when im not streaming then when i do. ive tried lowering the bitrate of the program i use to stream(OBS) to see if that will help. which it does in certain games but in one particular (diablo 3) i often have lag spikes and not so smooth game play, even if i lower the setting in game and lowering the bit rate doesn't seem to effect it at all.

i do want to stream diablo but i dont get the enjoyment of smooth game play when i do. which results in me not wanting to stream it anymore.

as for the gpu, what would you recomend i do. i have enough room to put another similar card inside to crossfi/sli or w.e. should i do that? or simply buy a better card. also i mentioned the case being to noisy while streaming and i dont want my viewers to have to hear a vvvvvvvrrrr sound the entire time. what case would you recommend?

thanks for the iinput btw. im glad to know my pc isnt as outdated (being 6 years old now) as i thought.

i also edited my ram, mobo and powersupply specs

hint

Reputable
May 4, 2014
I'd like some more opinions .

I'm currently looking at the gtx 770 and 760. They both have similar card values . But one is $100 more.
The 780 is also a possibility but might be to expensive if I need to possibly upgrade to a better CPU .

Thanks guys

TRENDING THREADS