gaming, streaming, & editing: pc build help

ok, i guess ill start with my name. Im nick, nice to meet all of you.

Today i wanted to ask you what possible components i may need to upgrade (if not all of them) to preform the tasks listed ; gaming (at least med quality settings for most games), streaming the game im playing via twitch on atleast 1280x720, and video editing.

my current set up:

processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
graphics card: GeForce GTX 650
Ram: ~13gigs OCZ DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) gold series
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5P
Power supply: Zalman 850 watt ZM850-HP

Case: antec 1200
keyboard: black widow ultimate
mouse: 2014 razor naga

I need to open my case to actually see the type of ram i have, as well as the mobo.

i built this pc 6 or more years ago right when the first intel i7 came out. and have only needed to change my graphics card which was a downgrade imo lol.

i know my pc is old but its been threw alot and can still play most of the games i currently play on med or higher. the problem is when i start streaming. which probably has to do with the cpu.

also i have, i believe a 750-100 watt power supply. i cant remember exactly. since its about 8 years old should i possibly upgrade that?

the case im using is an antec 1200 , and i dono if many of you have experienced owning one but it is one loud Mother****ing case and it is to loud for steaming (to much background noise) if you can recommend a newer case to me that is more quite as well as has a decent cooling system (separate or combined) that would be awesome.

also i have heard that windows xp is one of the better os's to use while gaming and the like. is this true and should i downgrade from windows 7?

sorry this will be the last question. do you guys think a 28.5 down and 6.2 up is decent for streaming? is it to low? or am i fine where im at?

ill get back to you guys on exactly what type of ram i have and what mobo im using.

thanks! :D
4 answers Last reply
More about gaming streaming editing build
  1. id like to add that i have 700 bones to throw into this project.
  2. When it comes to game streaming it really depends, you should test it out, as It's difficult to predict, your PC seems alright, maybe a GPU upgrade would be a healthy upgrade, but apart from that, your PC seems alright for PC streaming.

-Conner.
  3. Bazooka821 said:
    When it comes to game streaming it really depends, you should test it out, as It's difficult to predict, your PC seems alright, maybe a GPU upgrade would be a healthy upgrade, but apart from that, your PC seems alright for PC streaming.

-Conner.

i have streamed, about 2-3 weeks now, and i notice i lag in the games i play. i can play on higher video settings when im not streaming then when i do. ive tried lowering the bitrate of the program i use to stream(OBS) to see if that will help. which it does in certain games but in one particular (diablo 3) i often have lag spikes and not so smooth game play, even if i lower the setting in game and lowering the bit rate doesn't seem to effect it at all.

i do want to stream diablo but i dont get the enjoyment of smooth game play when i do. which results in me not wanting to stream it anymore.

as for the gpu, what would you recomend i do. i have enough room to put another similar card inside to crossfi/sli or w.e. should i do that? or simply buy a better card. also i mentioned the case being to noisy while streaming and i dont want my viewers to have to hear a vvvvvvvrrrr sound the entire time. what case would you recommend?

thanks for the iinput btw. im glad to know my pc isnt as outdated (being 6 years old now) as i thought.

i also edited my ram, mobo and powersupply specs
  4. I'd like some more opinions .

I'm currently looking at the gtx 770 and 760. They both have similar card values . But one is $100 more.
    The 780 is also a possibility but might be to expensive if I need to possibly upgrade to a better CPU .

Thanks guys
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Streaming