Which Laptop should I buy, for casual gaming?

dasasori159

Reputable
May 5, 2014
Sorry if this is the wrong section.
I'm looking to being a laptop for casual gaming and school work, in to $500-600 range, so I'm trying to get the best I can get out of it.

My current two options are:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314127CVF

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/g-series/g510/?sb=:000001C9:0000FB9A:

I'm currently leaning towards the first one, what are your opinions?
If you have other options, link those please!

Thegamerguy

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
I would definitely say the acer as it has a MUCH more powerful gpu compared to the Intel HD graphics. At the end of the day, the gpu is the most important factor in most games. That cpu in the acer is quite good aswell. Don't even consider the second one for gaming

Edit: Do you REALLY need a laptop, or could you consider a desktop. There are just so many more options on a normal desktop pc.

dasasori159

Reputable
May 5, 2014

Thanks for your reply. I was leaning towards the Acer as well, but wanted other opinions first.

It really does have to be a laptop, becase I need to be able to take it to school, for homework and other stuff. Gaming is pretty much a side thing for when I'm bored.

If you have any other recommendations that would be really appreciated.

dasasori159

Reputable
May 5, 2014

I plan to play games like Raiderz and Tera Online etc. Nothing to intensive, and probably not First Person Shooters.

Thegamerguy

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

I think you are good to go! Anyway, with games like that, you should be able to play them very well! Make sure that the acer has enough usb ports, hard drive space, good warranty and the like. Have you got a copy of microsoft office? If not (and you don't want to spend the money on a copy), try a program called open office, if you have never heard of it, it's basically Office but with a different skin. All the basic functions are the same and it sort of resembles office 2003/2007 (sort of a mixture of the two)

Hope this helps!

dasasori159

Reputable
May 5, 2014
Thanks! I don't have a Microsoft Office copy, so I'll look into what you said. I mostly just use the google/sky drive.

I'll be going with the first one

Thegamerguy

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

Best of luck to you! Any more questions just PM me or ask in this thread

Cheers! :)

Type75

Reputable
May 6, 2014
I would recommend getting a desktop for gaming but if you really want a laptop, I would recommend ASUS. They make good laptops for gaming starting at around $1200 going to I think $2000. You can not find a good gaming laptop though with your budget.