$800 Mother's Day Build (Gaming)

Slackjaw2014

Reputable
May 5, 2014
Want to skip most of what I wrote? Here's the "too long, didn't read" version.
The Build: Mother's Day 1080p World of Warcraft machine, also for other MMOs, and last generation shooters like BF3. (We have an XboxOne for new titles and we don't want to buy every game twice for PC anyways.)
Parts List: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3EvNU
-Mini ITX build to save space in our office
-Do not need a harddrive
-Did not find a keyboard/mouse
-Interested in all opinions on what you think I should change
Preferred Vendor: Newegg (I have prime but Amazon now charges me tax)

Full Version:
Hey everyone. For her first mother's day, I am building my wife a new PC. She is now a stay at home mom and we have a lot of time together for the first time since our son was born. She wants to start playing WoW again with me. Currently she does not have a desktop at all, just a Surface Pro 2 for browsing.

I want this build to be as fast as my build from 2010, which is an i5-750/gtx470/8gbram build. This one should cost substantially less (I paid $1600 at the time, due to buying in store and the 470 being $400 alone)

Here is what I am thinking. $800 is the max budget. I wanted to spend less considering this is basically a WoW-box (we play more modern games on Xbox One), but I am realistic in the fact that she needs an OS/display/keyboard-mouse as well.

Here is what I've come up with so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3EvNU

I was originally looking at using my Amazon Prime, but Florida now has sales tax collected as of last week.

I did not add a harddrive because I have an extra 1 TB I can stick in it. I am also considering waiting for the refresh which will be the core i3-4150 rather than the currently selected 4130.

Thoughts? I considered getting a lower cost AMD and OCing it for her, but the truth is I just want a stable and not too loud of a system. The money saved would just be spent on cooling I reckon. I chose the 750ti for its combo of cost/power consumption to hopefully keep the temperatures and fan noise levels down overall, considering that it's a mini ITX build.

Thanks for reading.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($177.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($51.00 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cougar Spike MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($34.99 @ TigerDirect)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $725.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-05 17:07 EDT-0400)

changed it a little, most mmo's are cpu intensive, so i got a stronger cpu. the mobo wont overclock any, but it does have 2 sata 3 6g b/s ports and usb 3.0. i changed it from itx to m-atx, and the case to a micro-atx mini tower, it will be about the same size.

Slackjaw2014

Reputable
May 5, 2014

I only did that because of the mouse/keyboard and I had already gone slightly over @763.

My original plan was about $500 until I remembered OS/Display/Mouse/Keyboard.

I'm mobile right now but I'll check out your suggestions asap, thanks.