Cant use windows 7 usb download because of access.

Caution Hot

Reputable
May 5, 2014
So i got a new hard drive and need to install windows 7 from a clean start. So i used my work laptop and downloaded the correct windows 7 ISO. Downloaded the windows 7 USb/Dvd downloader. After installing the downloader and attempting to run it a popup box asking for permission to run comes up. I tried my user/pass for the laptop and that doesnt work so i need one of the IT guys user/pass and im just going to avoid that so i don't cause any complications at work.

Other than loading the iso and installer onto the usb and giving it to a friend and having them run it on their own computer is there anything else i can do? or do any computer shops sell just the windows dics with no product keys?

I can access my work computer through vpn as i have full access on that computer but i dont think that will help right now becuase i need to have the usb directly hooked up to that computer right?

USAFRet

Titan
What are you actually trying to do?

After installing the downloader and attempting to run it a popup box asking for permission to run comes up. I tried my user/pass for the laptop and that doesnt work so i need one of the IT guys user/pass and im just going to avoid that so i don't cause any complications at work.
This says that you do not have rights to install anything on the work laptop. OK...don't do that.

You have a Windows 7 ISO (From where?)
You'll have to find another PC to create the install DVD from that ISO, using the MS tool.

USAFRet

Titan

OK. Then you just need to find another PC to create the install DVD.
You apparently can't use your work PC (I couldn't do that either), you need to find something else. A friend, perhaps.