Problems installing Win 8.1 Pro Full on Asus Z87 with Intel 530 Series SSD

IT4Hire

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Problems installing Win 8.1 Pro Full on Asus Z87 Deluxe Quad Board with Intel 530 Series SSD.

It appears to need Drivers during bootup but I have received a few different issues.

At times I get to where you can see the drive but windows cannot install on it. It seems like I could click the Load Drivers button and load 8.1 drivers for the SSD Drive but I cannot find any drivers for it. They are not found on the Intel CD that came with it.

I have already tried updating the SSD to the latest firmware version. That did not help. I have tried more than one drive already.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Boot CD's?

Thanks,

Dave
<removed by moderator>

IT4Hire

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Is the ASUS Z87 Deluxe Quad a UEFI Mother Board? I find no UEFI Settings in it...

Thank you,

Dave Hobley

IT4Hire

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
I set the UEFI stuff to UEFI only. Booted with F8 Key, selected UEFI DVD. booted into Windows and kept getting errors on install. Finally one went well, after I had to use Diskpart to clean disks and format using SHift F10 in install mode, first boot would not boot up right, second or third finally loaded windows, windows ran well and after shutdown would not boot right again. After several attempts with errors, it did a system restore and loaded windows. Hoakie! Is this what I have to look forward to? Every shutdown is an issue now.

IT4Hire

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Come to find out it did install as UEFI, and it was Bios settings that were the issue, resetting them all to default and running install again in UEFI mode rather than setting things I was told to set in advance, defaulted the install in UEFI and it worked.

cmptrgydv

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
Glad it worked,

mine will not even post with the 530 alone hooked up, I just installed win7 in UEFI mode but I'm still running raid0 so everything works fine,