About Voltage questions of the r9 280x

hardcore93

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Hi, i'm new in this forum, everytime that i'm looking to solve some troubles and questions about my computer i find this forum usefull, so i wanted to post my problems because i haven't solve it by myself and all that i can do is to explain my problems to you guys, so here i go..

Since i bought my pc (custom pc) i have been having some problems about its performance, almost always in games, problems like stuttering, sudden lags, etc... the games aren't running at the fps that they should... (i have been watching videos and reading on forums about settings and benchmarks and i just can't get the same results.. in every game i test, i have lower fps..) and after a large research about bottlenecking... i haven't find an answer.. i though it could be the PSU, Ram or the temperature of my PC, but after searching for those cases on the forum, looks like those components are not the problem.. well thats what i think...

My settings:
Motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 5.0)
RAM: Corsair 8gb CMV8GX3M1A1333C9
HDD: Seagate 1tb ST1000DM003-1CH162
GPU: Shapphire Dual R9 280X OC
CPU: FX 8320
PSU: Cooler Master Extreme 2 625
Case: Cooler Master elite 430
Windos 7 Ultimate 64bit

And about the voltage... well could you guys tell me if this data is right? i mean.. it's working like it should? (i took those pics with the pc working just with the Google Chrome with about 4 tabs and Spotify at the background)

http://i60.tinypic.com/2dvmq8h.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/2ur8fia.png

Is there something i can do? Anyway, thank you guys :)

are you running the current 14.4/Beta driver right now, this driver is having troubles with the R9 280X in particular, and only effects some cards, I just solved this with someone else a few days ago, this may also be the case.

Try downgrading to the 13.12/2 Driver.

hardcore93

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Well, actually i tried that before, even i updated my windows 7 to Windows 8 and i got better results, then i returned to Windows 7 and get worse results again.. XD but ok, i'll try Downgrading again, thanks for your answer :) i'll give you news when i can

UPDATE:
Ok, i uninstalled the drivers with DDU, but looks like the 13.12 drivers are not available anymore, so i'll install the 14.4 drivers (not beta) provided in this page: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

UPDATE 2:
Ok, after i installed the 14.4 drivers, i triend BF4 and BF3, the same results.. well.. in Battlefield 4 i have gotten like.. i don't know.. a few fps's but not a great difference, maybe it's just the map.. but the sudden lags still appearing randomly.. another thing that i should try? Thank you

I'll give you an update when i can.. thank you again..

hardcore93

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Ok after doing that test, it worked perfectly.. as always.. XD well what else could be the problem? Oh and i took some pics of the configuration of my pc, actually i moved the PCI cables, i have been trying different combinations in the connection of my graphic card, i used to have it with a 6+2 pin connector and a 6 pin connector, now i left it with an eight pin connector and a 6 pin connector, like the way it came when i bought it, i'll leave the pics below...

This is how i have connected the 4+4 pin connectors to the motherboard
2exqyau.jpg

This is how i have connected the 8 pin and 6 pin connector to the graphic card
28kspbk.jpg

And this is how the entire pc looks..
33jttgh.jpg

hardcore93

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Oh yeah, actually the PSU has an 8 pin connector and two 6+2 pin connectors.. right now i have connected the 8 and 6 pin cables to the GPU, but i have seen in other forums that you can connect it with the 6+2 pin cable in the 8 pin input and a 6pin cable in the 6 pin input of course... but i've tried that too.. it's the same result.. hope you understand what i'm trying to say..

hardcore93

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Overclocking i guess.. well.. ok after all i'll have to optimize my system first.. i'll buy a better motherboard, cooler and a new PSU.. then i'll see if there's a difference, well thank you for your attention sir and of course i'll try that Asus app :)

hardcore93

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Mmm.. i'm upgrading.. because i'm an enthusiast.. even if the problem doesn't get solved i'll keep upgrading it you know.. to be at the top of the game.. literally :)