First Gaming PC Build! Recommendations are very welcome!

Grifthen

Honorable
May 7, 2014
Hello everybody!

I wonder if the configuration of the PC I'm thinking to build is good. I want to play games like Battlefield and CoD. So if you guys could comment and make recommendations i will be very grateful.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Double Dissipation
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N250PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1

Thank you very much!

Solution
I'd think you'd be able to play on "High" settings today. Considering how good even "Medium" looks in today's games, I think you'll be happy with it. In a year or two, you may want to upgrade the video card (for that reason, do consider a 500W-550W PSU, built by Seasonic or Super Flower); even if you don't, you'll still be able to enjoy games, and isn't that what counts?

+1 for this

430w is not enough, especially in modern games that will put a high load on the CPU and GPU simultaneously.

Put a decent aftermarket cooler on that FX 6300 and it will OC like a champ on that board.

And if it is the same price, DDR3 1866 will help a little, but 1600 is still the sweet spot for gaming.

Although your system would run on a 430W PSU, the one you have selected was built using some inferior Samxon capacitors that do not like heat and have been known to fail early. On a budget, a better choice would be an Antec VP-450.

Grifthen

Honorable
May 7, 2014

Despite the power supply that i selected, the rest of this pc is a good one for low budget? I'm afraid that this hardwares won't last long playing games like BF4.

I'd think you'd be able to play on "High" settings today. Considering how good even "Medium" looks in today's games, I think you'll be happy with it. In a year or two, you may want to upgrade the video card (for that reason, do consider a 500W-550W PSU, built by Seasonic or Super Flower); even if you don't, you'll still be able to enjoy games, and isn't that what counts?

Solution