Single GTX 780 Ti for Nvidia Surround 5760x1080 ips or 120hz + tn Panel

prochaos

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Hi People, ive made a post previously but about suggestions for a tn panel, but due to their high costs ive decided to looking into 3 ips monitors (5760x1080) as an option, id love some insight and suggestions for a high end ips monitor with less than 5ms response time and 24", the ips version of Asus VG248QE basically which seems to be the number #1 choice when it comes to tn panel.

My budget is £130 - £220 per monitor, well im open to any suggestion.

Id love to know what the numbers would be, what stable and constant fps my build would be able to pull off while playing a game like Dayz SA, on both a 5760x1080 ips setup and how much the hz would fluctuate up and down and what it would peak at with a tn panel such as Asus VG248QE (which is at 144 hz) would it cause a lot of tearing with my set up ?

what stable fps would my setup be able to stay at and perhaps peak too with this setup and monitor ?

Would have a low fps from using 3 of these monitors justify using them over an ips monitor which would stay at 60hz ?

What hz would 3 Asus VG248QE stay at with my setup ?

if its not capable of pulling the full potential from this expensive and high end tn panel monitor then would it be more viable to go with 3 ips monitors and take advantage of their better image quality ?

How would a single 27 " 4k monitor be a good suggestion for my setup or would my setup not pull its full potential ?

I was also curious about something with Nvidia Surround, am i able to switch between using all 3 monitors for certain games that can pull their full potential during 5760x1080 such as bf4, Dayz SA or Arma 3 and then only use the center screen 1920x1080 for games that dont need all 3 screen such as Garrys mod or WoW, or does Nvidia Surround only allow 1 or the other during game play ?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K
CPU Overclocking: 4.3Ghz - Extreme Overclock
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Extreme Water Cooler
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5
RAM: 16GB Corsair 2133mhz Vengeance Pro (2x8GB)
Hard Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA SSD
Secondary Hard Drive: 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s HHD
Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB
Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio
Case: CM Storm Trooper or Corsair Obsidian 750D (Not sure Yet)
PSU: 850W Corsair RM Fully Modular

Thanks

Solution
IPS screens are great choices, though 5ms is fine, as it's about input lag, making the difference between 5ms and lower unnoticeable.

Three Asus VG248QE's would stay at 144Hz, no decrease.

I am actually going to 4k soon, and it may be worth it, though if you want the best gaming experience best to get 3 screens, you'll get the most satisfaction.

Your case is a personal choice, get whichever one you like best, you'll be looking at it every day! So get something you like the look of. I personally love the HAF X 942, a superior case.
IPS screens are great choices, though 5ms is fine, as it's about input lag, making the difference between 5ms and lower unnoticeable.

Three Asus VG248QE's would stay at 144Hz, no decrease.

I am actually going to 4k soon, and it may be worth it, though if you want the best gaming experience best to get 3 screens, you'll get the most satisfaction.

Your case is a personal choice, get whichever one you like best, you'll be looking at it every day! So get something you like the look of. I personally love the HAF X 942, a superior case.

Solution

prochaos

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Oh thank you for the quick response, yeh thats the problem i dont have first hand experiance or should i say eye experiance when it comes to the difference between say Asus VG248QE and an ips model of similar quality, id love to know if anyone decided to go from one to the other due to the lack of colour quailty or perhaps they found bumping from 60hz to 120-144 hz and major upgrade and worth the loss of image quality. it a tough decision and some examples of ips monitors that have proven themself to be of high contendors like Asus VG248QE has done so in the tn panel market.

As for case im afraid i only have a limited choice since i intend on purchasing my pc from Dino PC and i have dwindled down my choices to them 2, they bother have the pro's and cons, i might end up adding more fans or maybe go sli on the 780 Ti i really have no idea at the moment, i do prefer a flat top for placing extra HDD on them while in use but i kinda prefer the look of the storm case.

How much would a single 27"- 30" 3k monitor set me back in price over here in the UK, when asus bring out there new model, i noticed it will be somewhere in the region of $649 over in America but as you can see from Asus VG248QE' it ~$260 in USA but no less than £275 here in the UK so i imagine a 4k would be of similar difference.