BitFenix Fury PSUs Have Individually Sleeved Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
That's so messy. I've been threatening myself to put a bus bar in my next pc, so I could have exact length pristine wire management. I'm talking naked connectors, not that insulated garbage.

It would be pretty enough to run on the motherboard side. Although, I'm not sure where I'd fit a bar long enough to fit all of that.

tonicipriani

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
That just sounds stupid. The idea of a sleeved cable is to bundle up the wires so that it improves airflow. What's the point of sleeving the individual wires?

deuketc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I really like this method of sleeving as it allows the cable to lay very flat for cases that don't have a lot of room behind the motherboard tray. I also think it looks better than a bunched up cable with the colored wires sticking out the end.

gamergeek

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
That just sounds stupid. The idea of a sleeved cable is to bundle up the wires so that it improves airflow. What's the point of sleeving the individual wires?

To make it more flexible maybe, though I cant say Ive really had a problem with that before.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Yeah, I'm also not getting the reason why these companies are making sleeved individual cables for PSU's or for any strand of cables for that matter.

The whole point of sleeved together cables was that you weren't looking at a rats nest of intermixed wires. Flexibility I get, but if you go out and buy any modern case, it's going to have cable management. Either tucked away on the backside of the case or through cable mounts inside the case.

I would MUCH rather see a FLAT sleeved cable that would have more practical applications.

durahl

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Doing individual cable sleeving is part aesthetics, part comfort.

I individually re-sleeved mine myself with black connectors, black sleeve and red heat shrink thus matching the color scheme of the installed hardware which is black and red as well ( Motherboard, PSU, GPUs, Fans, etc... )

The individually sleeved wires obviously do take up more space but you'll be able to do things like routing the between the Motherboard and Backplate - Something you can't do with a single 24 wire Sleeve because it's way too thick.

For most people it's an aesthetical thing when you can watch into the case, for others it's a necessity because of bad case planning requiring flexibility.

zeeman706

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
Anyone remember when you could get a good PSU around 750W or more for under 100$?

PSU's rape my fragile budget man.... not cool

Status
Not open for further replies.