Are expensive 'gaming' peripherals worth the price tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarmatt99

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Hello there!

I've been using an old Dell mice that came with my dad's first modern PC, by modern I mean with a flat screen monitor! I have been using it ever since I started playing games which is around 7 years now. I recently got a new PC as I was getting more and more into gaming and spend a lot of my time on Skype having a heck of a lot of fun, whilst still using my 'crappy' Dell mouse that is too small for my hands and has a right mouse button that occasionally sticks and doesn't work, and this is paired alongside my old Microsoft membrane keyboard that is my brothers that he used when he gamed at my age, and he's 11 years older!

Now, it's been a long, long time and I'm thinking of upgrading to a more premium feeling mouse, and I have found an beautiful looking mouse, the Cooler Master Storm Reaper, but I'm still unsure on whether to purchase, I keep going back to the fact that I have so much fun with an old mouse that doesn't function correctly, so do I need a premium 'gaming' mouse that is going to set me back a hefty £55?

I mean, I could by a few games and a cheap mouse for under that price! But then again theres something about me that wants an amazing mouse for bragging rights, look what I have, how amazing is this! I wouldn't want a cheap feeling product.

I wanted to hear what you guys think about this, are premium 'gaming' peripherals worth it? Do I need premium? Or do I go cheap and cheerful and replace it in a years time, and in the meantime buy a few more games to add to my collection?

Its_Byte_00

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

If you have big hands, 45-80 USD is not to bad to pay for a corsair m65, it feels awesome. as for the keyboard, NCIS Has some blue back lighting fully mechanical keyboards if thats your thing. maybe you like flat key keyboards, chicklets, islands, prong keyed?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CH-9000022-EU-Vengeance-Performance-Gaming/dp/B00BCHGSWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400887067&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+m65 would be what i would get, but if you can get it from the US,
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Gunmetal-CH-9000022-NA/dp/B00ARD5410, its on 30 pounds

jaraldo

Honorable
Well it depends on what you are used to now. I know some high level rts players that have used this mouse for 6 years...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-D65-00010-Intellimouse-5-Button-PS2-Scroll-BALL-Mouse-Brand-NEW-/310857838618

Personally, I think the cheap stuff works better considering what you pay, but it inevitably comes down to what you said
But then again theres something about me that wants an amazing mouse for bragging rights, look what I have
We all fall into this :p . So I agree, if you have the money for it, then spoil yourself!

oakleyteke

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
use a mechanical keyboard for a while and see if you want to go back. lol

the stuff performs slightly better sometimes, but really its about making your pc experience more pleasurable and imo is justifiable depending on the amount of time you spend at your computer. im on my feet a lot at work, so i wear comfortable boots. i sleep every night, so i have a comfortable mattress. im on my computer a lot so i got a comfortable mouse and keyboard.. kinda like that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.