low budget, futureproof, $600 rig?

themoeller

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Hey guys! Im soooo rusty. My last build was in 2003, nothing crazy. p3 733mhz, 512mb ram, and a Geforce mx2! (ah the cs and halflife days)

ordered parts yesterday, should be receiving everything in the middle of this week (very excited!). Going for a mild gaming pc with a lot of upgrade potential for the future. I don't need a monitor, or an OS so I was able to save a few bucks. I went all over, pcpartpicker.com, tigerdirect.com, newegg.com, etc. I found the best deal on newegg with a combo deal. I have a newer macmini with an i7, but no gpu upgradability. Im mainly building a pc to get away from xbone. Don't like the yearly fees, and crappy players. Miss my mouse and keyboard :-(. Soooo, I decided on an AMD cpu. here are the specs.

AMD fx 8350 (might overclock in future)
raedon r7 260x crossfire 1gb
Rosewill Stallion Series RD600 600W psu
2 x 4gb ddr3
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Am3+ (heard iffy things, but overall good)
1tb Seagate barracuda 7200 rpm
redbone case...

$594 when all is said and done.

Thanks for your input. Like I said, mainly I want to future proof myself. Not too concerned about GPU at the moment. Was considering a good upgrade in a few months, plus a new psu if needed. I just Want something I can get running asap. looking to join my friends on DAYZ, and a few other steam games.