No inbound connections(UDP/TCP) allowed.

Webz

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Hey
Im trying to play a game (Dark souls 1) that requires out/in UDP connections, and I have some trouble receiving connections. I use comodo firewall and there is always listed around 20-40 UDP or TCP connections outgoing, but never any ingoing. Even when I disable Comodo Internet Security, I still dont get any connections ingoing.

Im not sure where the problem lies, is it my router or windows7?
Can someone clear the fog and help me for a bit?

btw windows firewall is off

Webz

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Thanks for reply
The thing is I've opened the required ports on my router for this game.
Is it common practice for ISP's to use CG-NAT? Guess i'll make a call tomorrow.
Do you have any other ideas of what could be hindering the connection?

Webz

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
It seems google shows the exact same ip as the one in router status (under WAN).
So now i just have to ask my ISP to open a range of ports for me to use freely, right?

Webz

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Oh, I thought you meant i was under NAT connection when the ip was the same. Im not the brightest on networking.
I've forwarded my ports to this ip "10.*.*.**" (which is not my personal ip)
Do i need to forward them to the ip google shows? Like my personal ip?

No; you need to forward them to the IP of your computer - if you open up the properties for the network adapter, it should be in there.

10.0.0.3 is possible, though it's kind of rare for that to be used in residential networks. Most manufacturers go for 192.168.x.x.

Webz

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
10.*.*.* is what i use to log into my router, so i guess its correct?
When i add a new port to my router, i get two boxes to add ip addresses onto, one that's WAN and the other Server IP adress.
Which ip is supposed to go where? Do i need to put an address in both?

Webz

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
I tried putting 0.0.0.0 but router said it was invalid, does this mean it only lets traffic in from a specific ip, like you mentioned?
I also tried different ip's under 10.0.0.*, but the ports are still closed according to "canyouseeme.org".

Webz

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Yes, that works. but still the ports are closed.
I havent rebooted the router once after doing all these changes, does it matter?
I saw on another forum someone with the same problem as me, they achieved success after a factory reset, then adding the ports again.
Ill try that and report back

Webz

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Okey, i tried a factory reset, it didnt seem to do anything.
The strange thing is that i can open port 53 as i please, but none of the other i need. On canyouseeme.org i get "connection refused" on the other ports.

Here's a list of the ports:

EDIT: Scatch that last post, it actually worked!
Thanks for all the help