half of the screen is pink and pixelated

tatyboy

Reputable
May 11, 2014
Pink and pixelated screen

So recently, I bought a network card to go next to my GPU, however it blocks half of one of the GPUs fans. This made the card run at a higher temperature but had no real effect on performance etc.

Then later in the day I was watching a video,when the screen turned pink and pixelated. In response to this I restarted, however the pink pixellation was still there. At this point I decided to locate its source. I plugged my laptop into the monitor expecting it to be back to normal, however it was still pink.

This Leads me to believe that its a problem with the monitor.

The monitor is an lg 22ea53 LCD.

So far I have tried:

Jiggling the cables
Replacing the cables
Pulling one corner of the monitor whilst pushing the other
Changing contrast
Factory reset
Changing colour balance
Downgrading drivers

Additional note: I had a second monitor hooked up at the time of the failure, and it works like normal.
I have an amd card
I have a program called flux installed that alters the screen brightness

Solution
AMD Card. Here's what you do that may be the issue. Unplug the computer, turn the computer on. This will flush any stuck bits on the system and the GPUs memory. This should hopefully resolve your issue. if not, I would look into testing the PC with a different monitor. If the issue still remains on the screen, try a different GPU and see if that resolves your issue. If the issue is still there, remove the memory modules one at a time. If you've connected the other monitor to the same port and have no issue, there is no fault with the machine.

This is a tower correct?

coovargo

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
AMD Card. Here's what you do that may be the issue. Unplug the computer, turn the computer on. This will flush any stuck bits on the system and the GPUs memory. This should hopefully resolve your issue. if not, I would look into testing the PC with a different monitor. If the issue still remains on the screen, try a different GPU and see if that resolves your issue. If the issue is still there, remove the memory modules one at a time. If you've connected the other monitor to the same port and have no issue, there is no fault with the machine.

This is a tower correct?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS