iBuyPower Intros HEXA Ultra Compact Performance System

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFH

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Intel iris is basically intel HD.Starting at $899 seems like it's overpriced for what you get. Even a mac mini with a core i7 and 1 TB HDD starts at $799. :/

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I feel like someone needs to start making PCs in this form factor but with enough room to fit some compact GPUs such as the 750ti. As it stands these don't seem to be useful outside of general use and lighter load programs. If it were an inch or two taller and possibly longer or wider you could turn it into a decent mini gaming PC. It may even be possible to squeeze in a laptop GPU without modifying the current form factor.

I feel like someone needs to start making PCs in this form factor but with enough room to fit some compact GPUs such as the 750ti. As it stands these don't seem to be useful outside of general use and lighter load programs. If it were an inch or two taller and possibly longer or wider you could turn it into a decent mini gaming PC. It may even be possible to squeeze in a laptop GPU without modifying the current form factor.

Exactly - make a graphics card that can be connected by a riser card. Use a blower-style fan to vent hot air out the back. I suppose if it's an open-air fan, that will also work as long as the case has a fan to pull cool air from the front and/or bottom. Adding a plastic duct may help direct the air flow directly over a small graphics card and exhaust out the back.

TheinsanegamerN

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Intel iris is basically intel HD.Starting at $899 seems like it's overpriced for what you get. Even a mac mini with a core i7 and 1 TB HDD starts at $799. :/
the iris pro is more than twice as fast as the hd 4600 gpu, or did you not read any benchmarks? the mac mini you suggested would have HALF the cpu and gpu performance as the BRIX. so...12.5% more expensive for a 100% performance gain. what is so overpriced about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.