Could I have a Nvidia Tesla with a 4 way Titan Black Edition SLI

paecificjr

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I know that I can't mix and match cards inside my SLI but would it be possible to use a Tesla to help drive my graphics? If so why don't more gamers/enthusiasts do this? Also what would the performance increase be?

Free2play_noobs

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Nope Tesla is for HPC solution & parallel computing ,First you won't be able to fully utilize it on your Consumer grade mother board ,second gaming won't get much help from parallel co-processor even most consumer software like 3Ds Mas ,Adobe premiere won't be benefited from Tesla or Xeon Phi or Fire Pro S10000. at the first place they even can't utilize Multi threading option for multi core CPUs .
So It doesn't make any sense to buy Tesla or Xeon Phi for gaming .

Eggz

Distinguished
Maybe. Your Titan Blacks would essentially work as one video card. The primary limitation to those would be lack of compatibility with a limited subset of professional applications. If you have use for that, you could install the Tesla card and switch between them for specific uses - possibly. Obviously games and renders would go to the Titans as much as possible, anything heavy workload-related. Then the Tesla would be for professional applications. Keep in mind, though, that you'd need software to support such a setup. It would be an exotic solution indeed, and the best way to find out would be to try it.