Universim PC game

First, I am in no way affiliated with the company trying to build this game, but has anyone seen the Universim game on kickstarter?

It looks like one of those games that would eat up a ton of my time and that everyone at any age could play.

I don't normally see any game concepts that are this good. Of course, it's a concept until they raise the money, but it seems pretty far along in the conceptual design process and really just a pretty cool game to be.

What do you think?

I've seen it and I agree it looks great :)

It does have a similar style to another planets based game- Planetary Annihilation. I'd check that out as well if you haven't seen it- different type of game but also based around planets and its great (and also available now in early access).

I am following the universe sim with interest though- I always like those types of games.

While waiting for Starcraft, I did play the Total Annihilation game which inspired the Planetary Annihilation game. That was really well beyond the complexity of Starcraft. It looks like the Planetary Annihilation game is primarily focused on destruction whereas Universim looks more about building like Sim City-ish.

Yeah PA is a combat game- build an army, destroy your opponent. If that doesn't work strap engines onto an asteroid and destroy the whole planet he's on :) It's pretty epic but it isn't an easy game (managing multiple planets at once is difficult to say the least).

The Universe Sim does look like Sim City on planets (which is cool as I like Sim City). I would say it's probably going to be an altogether more chilled out experience.