Lian-Li Announces PC-Q01 Mini-ITX Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

icrf

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
If you're talking about "here" in the US, what's with all the metric measurements? You should convert from the press release for your target audience. I know, it's a little work, but it's worth it.

Benthon

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
If you're talking about "here" in the US, what's with all the metric measurements? You should convert from the press release for your target audience. I know, it's a little work, but it's worth it.

Except case measurements are always given in mm, regardless of site or location. You don't see other locations converting the 2.5" and 3.5" bays to their respective metric counterparts, do you?

Babby's first tech news?

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
This case just seems like a wider TU100 minus the carrying handle. While that does mean it can take bigger, more useful, CPU coolers, it also inherits the same problems; namely the horrible cooling. The TU100 has a front-fan which is arguably more useful, but could really do with a second fan mount (it can easily fit 2x 120mm fans), especially since the longest graphics cards that fit top out around 16cm anyway, so the extra 4-5cm is dead space. Of course in this case that's not true since the only cooling fan seems to be on the bottom, which is a really weird choice as it's still not going to cool the GPU all that well, while also starving the CPU; it seems that to get good airflow you'll need to use the extra CPU cooler space to fit some powerful fans to function as exhausts, either that or intake from the rear and exhaust out the bottom. Neither option is particularly appealing though, which only means you're going to end up with the same problem that the TU100 has which is the cooking GPU trapped in a pocket of hot air at the bottom of the case.

I love that Lian-Li tries to innovate, but with many of their small cases they have great overall designs that fall flat on the details; a case this small doesn't really have the luxury of a featureless front unless it is extended forward to leave space at the sides to draw in air. When everything is packed in so tightly, a pair of 120mm fans could make all the difference if they'd just stop to squeeze them in; I know they could do it as I'm planning to drill holes myself in a TU100 for this very purpose, but it's something the manufacturer could easily do in the first place.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002

Thanks for reinforcing typical American stereotypes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS