Microsoft Support Site Accidentally Mentions Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Nothing new. Apple did the same thing. Only difference is Apple employees left the test product at the bar...twice! lol

Lightbulbie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2012
Minimal versions among that 01's in addition to 03's also been with us such as the fatigue cutout (03), trunk spoiler(03), mug owner locations (facility system with regard to 01, among car seats 03), in addition to colour choices. That 01's emerged within dark-colored, reflex magic, tornado reddish colored, in addition to white. That 03's experienced a similar colour decisions with the exclusion connected with tornado reddish colored inter-changeable with regard to galactic orange. <b><a title="Bred 11s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Bred 11s</a></b> Each design a long time presented any sunroof in addition to monsoon audio system because choices. Each sported any 5-speed regular transmission, which is much better compared to VW's intelligent.

Each sported a similar one particular. 8T website, nonetheless, that 01's sported 150hp share and also the 03's by using 180hp. That horsepower distinction is actually from improvements made to that engine's ecu, or maybe nick. Each versions are capable of considerably higher horsepower, nonetheless tend to be limited to stagger VW's website lineup. A super easy nick reflash could make search engines from also calendar year manufacture 200+hp. This level of detail can be helpful as soon as acquiring any pre-2002 VW which has a one particular. 8T because of the 150hp version will most likely end up being distributed in <b><a title="Aqua 11s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Aqua 11s</a></b> the lower value. A fresh nick (around $500) will deliver any one particular. 8T equivalent <b><a title="Carmine 6s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Carmine 6s</a></b> or maybe higher power towards share VR6.

The only Wolfsburg particular problem is actually pitting to the OEM BBS RXII trolley wheels. It really is most common within locations which work with sodium <b><a title="Infrared 23 11s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Infrared 23 11s</a></b> to the highway during snowfall months. What the results are is a distinct layer to the rubbed lip permits sodium in addition to mineral water to receive within it, leaving behind spider net seeking markings throughout the side in the steering wheel. We have never got word of this specific results that trolley wheels durability, nonetheless stores were highly reluctant to mend this specific <b><a title="Taxi 12s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Taxi 12s</a></b> even within warrantee. BBS will not fix this specific within warantee because of the RXII's (two-piece steering wheel) tend to be exclusive towards MKIV Wolfsburg, not like the common RX (one-piece steering wheel).
What the hell did you just copy/paste?

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Minimal versions among that 01's in addition to 03's also been with us such as the fatigue cutout (03), trunk spoiler(03), mug owner locations (facility system with regard to 01, among car seats 03), in addition to colour choices. That 01's emerged within dark-colored, reflex magic, tornado reddish colored, in addition to white. That 03's experienced a similar colour decisions with the exclusion connected with tornado reddish colored inter-changeable with regard to galactic orange. <b><a title="Bred 11s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Bred 11s</a></b> Each design a long time presented any sunroof in addition to monsoon audio system because choices. Each sported any 5-speed regular transmission, which is much better compared to VW's intelligent.

Each sported a similar one particular. 8T website, nonetheless, that 01's sported 150hp share and also the 03's by using 180hp. That horsepower distinction is actually from improvements made to that engine's ecu, or maybe nick. Each versions are capable of considerably higher horsepower, nonetheless tend to be limited to stagger VW's website lineup. A super easy nick reflash could make search engines from also calendar year manufacture 200+hp. This level of detail can be helpful as soon as acquiring any pre-2002 VW which has a one particular. 8T because of the 150hp version will most likely end up being distributed in <b><a title="Aqua 11s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Aqua 11s</a></b> the lower value. A fresh nick (around $500) will deliver any one particular. 8T equivalent <b><a title="Carmine 6s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Carmine 6s</a></b> or maybe higher power towards share VR6.

The only Wolfsburg particular problem is actually pitting to the OEM BBS RXII trolley wheels. It really is most common within locations which work with sodium <b><a title="Infrared 23 11s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Infrared 23 11s</a></b> to the highway during snowfall months. What the results are is a distinct layer to the rubbed lip permits sodium in addition to mineral water to receive within it, leaving behind spider net seeking markings throughout the side in the steering wheel. We have never got word of this specific results that trolley wheels durability, nonetheless stores were highly reluctant to mend this specific <b><a title="Taxi 12s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Taxi 12s</a></b> even within warrantee. BBS will not fix this specific within warantee because of the RXII's (two-piece steering wheel) tend to be exclusive towards MKIV Wolfsburg, not like the common RX (one-piece steering wheel).

WALL
OF
TEXT

game junky

Distinguished
What changes would they make - they already had a haswell processor on the last model which helped but didn't quite solve the battery life issues, no one is really clammering for a higher res screen, they already added the 2nd step to the kickstand, unless they're improving battery life further or slimming down the weight and form factor I don't know what they're going to do to get people to upgrade or get on-board the platform.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Surface 1 was a flop, Surface 2 was a flop...now Surface 3...they need to quit trying...

NOT a flop. They did not sell a ton, but only because the sheep think Apple is better. The Surface Pros can do anything a decent laptop can do. You can install a full version of Office, Photoshop (full CS suite), program with Visual Studio..... they are fast, lots of storage, inputs like USB and SD card, etc. They run full Windows. You can actually get work on these things, not toys like iPads which I CHALLENGE anyone to be as productive as on a nice laptop. You can barely push out a simple email or two on an iPad.

wussupi83

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Recently traded a first gen i7 desktop for a windows 8.1 tablet - have to say they are amazingly useful devices. I was just going to sell it but it won me over. Don't knock full Windows tablets until you've tried one - I hated everything windows 8 and blasted it untill I actually got to experience it the way it was meant to be experienced. I still agree that windows 8 on a mouse and keyboard is stupid - but these tablets are actually awesome

game junky

Distinguished

I think people are going to have their bias based on their experiences with similar devices. Windows 8's UI was meant for touchscreen tablets and convertibles - I think for productivity purposes, I am more in favor of the better convertibles (I use a Yoga 2 Pro). This is mostly linked to the form factor and the keyboard - even the type keyboard for the Surface Pro was just not meant for working for an extended period of time. It gets the job done, but not comfortably. I had the original Surface Pro and the performance was surprising (even though the battery life was comically bad) but I am much happier with my convertible. Let's see what features and adjustments were made before we get too excited or pissed off.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Nothing wrong with a wall of text if it's full of great info, but that crap was useless.

I don't think they'll be throwing out NV for Qcom in the surface. Qcom will get the mini, they'll just upgrade the surface to K1 from T4 as they should not take more power and basically be a drop in saving all the R&D you already did the first two times. You would spend R&D on the mini because you don't have one in that form factor, but you wouldn't redesign the whole surface 2 just to take a Qcom chip. If the mini far outsells the surface with tegra then they might make the change to Qcom in both but I doubt it with K1 being a step to desktop you'll want to target gamers in at least one of your units.

Google is rumored to have delayed nexus 10r2 to swap out for tegra also for the same "gamer" reason. Thank god that rumor also comes with 1920x1200 (same as my 24in dell!...LOL) instead of the old nexus 2560x1600 which is useless in a tablet for gaming. You can't read fonts in most games as they were designed far below this (Avernum for instance runs in a little box on nexus 10). It's a pity Android hasn't figured out how to change resolutions easily yet like windows. Those problems would go away then, not to mention the games speed up. If my desktop can barely handle 1200p how can a tablet push 1600p? Dumb companies killing sales.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Surface 1 was a flop, Surface 2 was a flop...now Surface 3...they need to quit trying...

Windows RT using ARM may be a flop due to no one adapting to it compared to the competition. The pro versions on the other hand are decent in that they're fully Windows 8 compatible. Biggest thing against the pro though is its price tag.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
The Surface Pro is still by far the best tablet on the market. Unfortunately it is also far to expensive for most people. I'd buy one if they knocked the price down a ways.

Brown1Luv

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
Surface 3 in an 8 inch form !! No fucking thank you!!! Surface first and formosyt needs to weigh less and be thinner !! Drop the god dam display port bs and go with a straight HDMI interface!! Install at the very least a 10 meg camera rear and a 3 meg front ( 2 front and 8 rear have been in tablets for over 2 yrs now !!) Make the dam touch pad on the type pads the same material/surface as the soft keys!! The material used now makes for a horrible flowing expectance when you using the touch pad! Lower the price of the dam thing and it's peripherals!! 130 for a type pad and 60 for the wireless add on interface is highway robbery !!! Speakers needs work as well !!! And would it kill do add in GPS without the use of a data connection/wifi connection like ASUS did with the VIVO Tab RT !!! M$ wants this all in one device than prove it !!

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Surface Pro 2 was able to play a large number of games from my Steam collection, so I could even use it as a gaming tablet. Maybe not the huge AAA titles that need the latest cards but still lots. Most tablets are just toys, the Surface is great at real productivity and also for gaming as well - that is why it is more expensive - still too high a price for the newest version but I expect the Surface Pro 2 to drop in price when the Surface Pro 3 comes out and lots of people to snap it up. Lots of people do exactly the same with the iPhone, when the 5S came out lots of people bought cheaper 4S and there is a very healthy market out there.

Thank god that rumor also comes with 1920x1200 (same as my 24in dell!...LOL) instead of the old nexus 2560x1600 which is useless in a tablet for gaming. You can't read fonts in most games as they were designed far below this (Avernum for instance runs in a little box on nexus 10). It's a pity Android hasn't figured out how to change resolutions easily yet like windows.
Android does have a setting for ppi, and will scale icons and text based on that setting. Within an app however, it's up to the author to read that setting and scale fonts appropriately. If the text or graphics for a game are too small, blame the game devs for not taking into account different screen size/resolutions.

Drop the god dam display port bs and go with a straight HDMI interface!!
I can see why they're going with displayport. The world is outgrowing 1080p. Unfortunately most TVs and monitors with higher than 1080p resolution assume any HDMI signal will be limited to 1920x1080p60, even any HDMI that's less than 5 years old can support up to 2560x1600p75. Using displayport sidesteps that problem.

Since it would have a micro-HDMI port rather than a full-sized HDMI port, you'd need a dongle anyway. So it's not like you're losing anything. Displayport => HDMI dongle, or micro-HDMI => HDMI dongle.

starmajoris

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Surface 3 in an 8 inch form !! No fucking thank you!!! Surface first and formosyt needs to weigh less and be thinner !! Drop the god dam display port bs and go with a straight HDMI interface!! Install at the very least a 10 meg camera rear and a 3 meg front ( 2 front and 8 rear have been in tablets for over 2 yrs now !!) Make the dam touch pad on the type pads the same material/surface as the soft keys!! The material used now makes for a horrible flowing expectance when you using the touch pad! Lower the price of the dam thing and it's peripherals!! 130 for a type pad and 60 for the wireless add on interface is highway robbery !!! Speakers needs work as well !!! And would it kill do add in GPS without the use of a data connection/wifi connection like ASUS did with the VIVO Tab RT !!! M$ wants this all in one device than prove it !!

I hope you are aware that you've got many choices on the market to buy. Stop being angry. 30 years ago I had no choice, only 48k. These are good times on the tech industry.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

A setting for PPI is not the same as being able to choose resolutions. I need to be able to change the OS res, which the game should use as its' setting. Let me know when I can change resolutions in android as that is what is needed. This isn't about just scaling fonts/ppi (that would probably be a problem too if it actually played full screen instead of in a 1024x768 box that it was made for in Avernum's case). I want to be able to set my nexus 10 (or whatever) at any resolution BELOW what it's capable of. IE, if I could change the res of the unit, the game would be full screen. There is nothing needed by devs for this to work. I'm hoping these changes will come with the desktop chips being used in mobile (and as NV said all driver improvements will now flow into these too) but maybe not. I would rather have GOOGLE change android (or Nvidia etc change drivers?) so I can change it to match whatever they made X game in. Devs won't go back and re-code for tons of devices, so we need the OS to be able to adapt to whatever it faces in a game, not the other way around which would likely never happen for older stuff. Because of these abilities on a PC I can fire up games that are as far back to dos etc.

It's the same thing with taking a new driver vs. mantle when both get the same ~6-12%. I'd rather have a driver instead of waiting for everyone to make mantle games. The best answer to the problem is something that can affect everything without asking devs to do more work. You are also completely ignoring what happens when your gpu just can't handle the res they're taking into account. Even if the dev made a game workable on the nexus at 2560x1600, it would run like crap as I said before. My desktop 5850 has a hard time with a LOT of games at 1920x1200. I'd rather have the ability to play all games on the tablet at 720p as I think it would even have trouble with that, especially as games add more graphics. Some of that can be fixed by more options in the game of course just as PC's do (AA settings etc).

I don't want to run my games on the tablet at 2560x1600 when my desktop card chokes far below that on most things. It's no fun at less than 30fps. I want the tablet to conform to the game, not the other way around. The chip in the nexus 10 can't run much but old crap at it's res without choking. I want devs to make more money so I get more games. If they are changing all the time for me and my device they can't spend as much time on the game (just like mantle, yet another api to write for). This is why our game time has went from 30-100hrs of fun down to 10-15hrs. They are developing for xbox360, xbox1, ps3, ps4, android, mac, pc, linux (even steamOS soon, which hopefully is the same or close so not much work). We are already getting screwed by all the systems they have to aim at and you want more work for them? Do you want 5hr games soon? :) This is why I can't wait for consoles to die (4-5 platforms gone then if you count wiiu). It will be PC(mac too)/mobile then only with a common api between them and I hope common gpus between them at some point too (K1, and maybe an AMD something SOC). This is why I want OpenGL to dominate all next gen games. Less work for devs, and hopefully a return to games that are worth the money. Games used to be built to LAST. Now they're over in a night in some cases, with most a weekend tops.

You are also forgetting the fact that when these games were made a tablet with 2650x1600 didn't exist. Thus the OS needs to be able to adapt. I can set my desktop to a dozen different resolutions. You'd have to see the usefulness of this feature. Would you like windows as much without this feature? I don't believe I'll enjoy anything above 1080p on a tablet until they hit 10nm or smaller when they may actually be able to pull off decent perf (if res is stuck in stone for years longer). Even 1080p is ridiculous for gaming on these. I'm barely above that on a 24in screen.

That being said the dpi is maxed on the nexus 10 and my dad still has issues reading the small print on web pages with it. He's old and retired...LOL. But still...We are all headed to old age, they better get this fixed ASAP ;) Google needs an OS that is more flexible if they want to take out windows/directx. I sort of see your point I just don't think it's the best way to tackle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.