• Upgrade (Explain in comments)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Overclock (Explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ketsakunta

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Hi everyone, in the last couple of years I have put together a nice rig and I feel that I should look into upgrading what I have for the more beefier games coming soon in the next couple of years.

CPU : FX-6300 3.5 (With a 4.1 turbo but it never goes over 3.8 for some odd reason)
GPU : GTX 660 non TI 2gb
Mobo : GA-970A-UD3P
RAM : 2x 4gb G-Skill
Power Supply : CX600

Also i have a major concern
I'm looking at idle temps of around 60c and high 70c under heavy load (Could this be why its not hitting 4.1 turbo clocking?) and I'm wondering
if the stock heatsink/fan is not cutting it, so I'm looking into the 212 evo cooler and trying to
clean and manage some cables in the meantime.

I'm looking for honest feedback on whether i should upgrade or overclock what I have.
And if I should upgrade then suggest what would be a good choice.

Budget may be around 500-600 depending if I can dedicate enough to what i need.

Also I'm interested in an intel processor but im worried that i would have to buy a new motherboard. Tell me what you think.

G

Overclocking doesnt really do as much as upgrading. So your budget is 500-600 for the upgrades. So i would get http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ these parts because you need to upgrade your cpu befor the gpu so u dont bottleneck. And dont get intel AMD is just enough i have an AMD rig and its amazing Intel is popular now but why get pressured by fanboys into buying expensive junk.

ketsakunta

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

Thanks for the reply and help, the link you gave me just sends me to the website and not to the list that you collected together.
Thanks, Jeff.