Gamestop and Eb Games different stock items?

Newbiepcgamer

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Gamestop owns Eb Games, so whats up with their stock of preorders? For example I want to pick up ESO Imperial Edition, Gamestop is sold out, but Eb Games is happily selling preorders still, whats up with that? Eb also charges a crap load more, $114 for ESO Imperial, and Gamestop is offering it at $99. Even the normal edition is priced at $69, compared to the standard $59. This was my first time stumbling across EB, but the non join stock is just odd to me. If one of your branches is sold out why not take the $14 loss and gain the extra revenue in preorders?

Anyways... any experiences with EB? Trying to decide if I should take the $14 hit to secure a copy.

eagleneb

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Didn't that game come out a month ago?

Anyway, I haven't stepped foot into an EB games in years and I'm always disappointed in Gamestop. Like seriously, why open a new game and put in a sleeve then put it back into the box when someone wants to buy it?

I always pre-order/buy games on Amazon. The prices are always standard, you can usually get their "Free Super Saver Shipping" and they're pretty good at getting the game to me day of release. Last game I ordered from them was Diablo III: RoS about a month and a half before release and they got it to me the day of release and it was free shipping.