MSI Intros 27-inch AIO Gaming Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Dat 8GB VRAM marketing gimmick
But what if you want to eye-finity 2 more monitors to this? Then its only so so overkill.
Even if its a mobile GPU chip, its more powerful than my current desktop built a couple years ago.

Plusthinking Iq

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
odd resolution on the 27", at least give us an 1440p option for those who want.
and whould like a way to customize the storage solution, option to get a 500gb ssd only with having to sell alot of crap on ebay.

Plusthinking Iq

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
the point of laptop parts is lower heat output and get smaller case behind monitor, you only loose 20% performance, and some people like the enat little package. but if it makes noise its worthless.

dovah-chan

Honorable
I love MSI to death but I think they're just abusing their own name now. They've been going on a branding rampage lately because they've become very well known and respected in the enthusiast segment. Mostly for their decent motherboards and of course the lightning and twin frozr cards.

In the past year they've released (branded) mousepads, (2 mechanical) keyboards, tablets, (more) gaming laptops and I've heard rumors about mice, (reintering) cases, and cooling components.

They're out of control. I feel like they're trying to become the next Corsair. Of course, instead of rising out of the DRAM market segment they're going to come from the GPU/motherboard market and brand everything they can.

Traciatim

Distinguished

You don't lose 20% performance. You lose 20% performance from the equivalent named desktop part but it costs way more. So on a price performance ratio these are quite literally twice the cost of a similarly performing desktop. Plus since it's generally laptop parts you can't really upgrade them or change them around or replace something if a part fails.

It's got all of the negatives of a laptop, but none of the positives of a desktop.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
@Plusthinking Iq,
Looking at the price you are losing way more than 20%. You could spend 1k for 1440p 27" monitor (or high hertz 1080p) and 2k for the pc means a sli and a top tier cpu. Just not comparable.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I love MSI to death but I think they're just abusing their own name now. They've been going on a branding rampage lately because they've become very well known and respected in the enthusiast segment. Mostly for their decent motherboards and of course the lightning and twin frozr cards.

In the past year they've released (branded) mousepads, (2 mechanical) keyboards, tablets, (more) gaming laptops and I've heard rumors about mice, (reintering) cases, and cooling components.

They're out of control. I feel like they're trying to become the next Corsair. Of course, instead of rising out of the DRAM market segment they're going to come from the GPU/motherboard market and brand everything they can.

Pretty Sure MSI emulates ASUS and that's pretty much inline with them.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
It's any oxymoron, Gaming AIO, you either buy a powerful laptop because its portable or a powerful desktop to leave and have maximum performance.

This has a niche market, a silly one too.

Plusthinking Iq

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
the portable market is stupid, this is what the "laptop" should be, space saving pc is important. the ordinary laptop cant use the battery for anything but low power task to its basically useless.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
My laptop has the same components and plenty of battery life, you surely don't want to start a 2 hour rendering while on the go but at least you can plug it anywhere you want.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

That's the same general conclusion I run into as well when looking at AIOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.