Anyone have any experience with ultra wide monitors?

g-unit1111

Titan
I'm heavily interested in getting an ultra wide monitor - probably in the 25" - 29" range, but I'm really liking the 2560 x 1080 format as opposed to the 2560 x 1440P format. The main reason is for things like movie watching and even game playing it would be nice to be able to enjoy content in its' native format.

This is the monitor I'm considering getting: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005626

walshy1009

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013

Hello g-unit1111

I personally love the Ultra Wide monitors as I think they're very sexy and the 2560x1080 resolution is great.

The above monitor you are considering on getting looks really nice. The response time is good for gaming and it has a good price.

However, If you have a bit more cash and I mean willing to save up or just have a lot of money laying around for a beauty of a monitor I'd consider going for a 3440x1440 ultra wide monitor from LG.

A popular tech YouTuber by the name of LinusTechTips reviewed a monitor that goes by the name of the LG 34UM95

It's amazing and gaming, content creating and productivity is just a dream. It's way better than a 4K monitor in my opinion if you were to compare it with a 4K monitor.

If you also want the link to the review that Linus did you can click here

At the end of the day either Ultra Wide monitor will be fine but if you have a bit of cash then consider the 34 inch ultra wide monitor as it's sexy and the first of it's kind.

Just be aware that all your games won't be available at the 2560x1080 and/or 3440x1440 resolution unless you tinker with the config files but that's another story.

In my opinion, Ultra Wide monitors is where it's heading in the future of gaming & productivity.

Hope this helped :)

g-unit1111

Titan

I've definitely heard of Linus Tech Tips before and I've checked out the site a couple of times. That monitor is quite a bit rich for my blood. If I was going to go with a monitor that expensive I'd rather go with a 4K monitor than a ultra wide. :lol:

Although today I did see that Newegg has some seriously killer deals on some 1900 x 1080 monitors for like $99, I think I might get two of them to compliment my 24" Acer and go for a 3 monitor setup.

walshy1009

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013

Sounds like a good idea and then that way you can do Nvidia Surround/AMD EyeInfinity so you can play some of your best games across 3 monitors at 5760x1080 I think.