Horrible Boot Issue. Stuck at loading screen + can't get into safe mode/F8

MarcusMPG

Reputable
May 16, 2014
Hello,

I'll try to make this short but it's complicated:

Recently, my computer died. After it died, it would turn on for a few seconds then off, turn on for a few seconds then off...(keeps repeating)

After some troubleshooting I decided it was the mobo so I replaced it with a similar board. LG1366 SuperMicro MBD-X8SAX-O to fit triple channel ram and my i7-930 processor. Put all my parts in then the computer finally booted. I am able now to get into bios, but when the computer tries to boot windows, it is ULTRA SLOW and stays stuck at "Windows is loading" screen.

I then tried to boot from a Windows 7 CD but it won't even let me get that far. I also tried Hiren's Boot CD (Hiren's BootCD Fan & Discussion Platform) and boot mini windows XP from the CD...STILL could not get past the windows loading screen. F8 didn't work at all for any of the CDs to get into safe mode or anything. Can't get that far.

If there's a way to change the Mobo to expect 3 sticks of ram [perhaps that's the WMD message?] then I don't know how on this bios. I really need help...badly. So far I can only get into bios and i navigated but couldn't do much.

Here's a picture of where it's stuck:
v5xz5k.jpg

My Desktop:
3x2GB Sticks of Corsair 2048MB 1600MHz ram. 1.65V ver3.2
SuperMicro MBD-X8SAX-O Mobo [new one]
i7-930 processor
850Watt Power Supply
2x ATI Radeon 5770 crossfired graphics cards
80GB solid state HD + Windows 7 Pro [OS is on this one]
1TB Storage HDD

Both drives are pretty full but i don't think that should stop it from booting...PLEASE HELP!

Hlias Anton

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
Hello, the problem is that you changed motherboard. When you change motherboard you must install fresh windows.
i changed before some weeks mobo, and the same exactly happen to me, windows stuck in loading like yours.

plaintuts

Admirable
if the new motherboard ("even if its the exact same model and brand") has a new firmware/bios..

then the windows OS installed with the old mobo, will have issues at booting., because it cant recognize the new component installed.

MarcusMPG

Reputable
May 16, 2014
...I already said I put the Windows 7 CD in and can't even boot from it. I can't boot from CD to install Windows or format any drives.

Then how can I reset ALL the components so it's like a fresh computer? I have already backed up my drives.

MarcusMPG

Reputable
May 16, 2014
Same Place. i tried with windows CD and hirenbootcd.org to boot mini windows xp. It won't let me press F8 or boot in safe mode or format drives. Nothing...

MarcusMPG

Reputable
May 16, 2014
I'm having trouble finding the HDD controller. Where would it be?
Under advanced i see:
boot feature
processor/clock options
advanced chipset control
ide/floppy config
pci/pnp config
superio config
remote access
hardware health
acpi config
event log config

Under boot:
boot defice priority
hard disk drives (no where select ACHI)
removable drives
cd/dvd drives

plaintuts

Admirable
oh it's AHCI,

check the images
https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=ahci+bios&sa=X&rlz=1C1ASRM_enPH579PH579&biw=1364&bih=707&tbm=isch&imgil=ee7tpR3MmlwS2M%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcSBpO_r95RUX6aC-1NkEjXa-B8nCoTK3i8WFhl_YwHQ7IgqAZqS%253B1024%253B768%253BbAGL3bEj4G-3kM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.insanelymac.com%25252Fforum%25252Ftopic%25252F99584-leopard-instalation-on-biostar-tf-965pt%25252F&source=iu&usg=__Ppji0_RGzMxjafnqJqjl2Kvyji0%3D&ei=SF92U-uVDZK78gXa8YDYBw&ved=0CCsQ9QEwAA#imgdii=_

plaintuts

Admirable
Have you tried the windows installation disk on another computer? Just to see if it will proceed accordingly..

If so then, this is component failure... Kinda bad..

First suspect is the hdd since we are still able to reach the bios, there is still no need to blame the new mobo.

Or better yet, try linux or ubuntu, just to see if it will function normally.

MarcusMPG

Reputable
May 16, 2014
I haven't tried the windows cd on another computer yet but my hiren's boot cd also doesn't work :(

Is it possible that it's my processor?

MarcusMPG

Reputable
May 16, 2014
So I plugged my Hard Drives into my brother's computer and was able to access them both. Windows booted fine from my SSD. I wiped the SSD and brought it back to MY computer. Tried to boot from Windows CD to install it fresh on the Clean SSD...but it still wouldn't boot from the CD. It got stuck at the "loading windows" screen.

I'm supposing it's possibly a RAM issue...but I still really have no idea. I troubleshooted with SuperMicro and they think the Corsair Dominator 1600 RAM should work.

Someone please help solve this CRAP!

plaintuts

Admirable
try one stick of ram then retry installation.

i dont really want to blame the hardware for windows installation errors, but if the problem persist,,

you can either,
get a usb external cd drive to use for installation,
get another OS installer saved in a usb thumb drive,

after that, we check for hardware faults.

MarcusMPG

Reputable
May 16, 2014
correction. SuperMicro said they hadn't tested Corsair with the motherboard but it seems like it isn't the issue.

They recommended the same thing...Saying perhaps the mobo isn't compatible with SATA or some shit?!?

Still feel lost...but I'll try these options.

TRENDING THREADS