ASUS Z97-K/CSM or ASRock Z97 Extreme3

bullwinkel

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Has anyone seen the new ASUS Z97-K/CSM? I'm trying to get more of a budget friendly build together and I think I've narrowed down my choices between the previously mentioned ASUS and the ASRock Z97 Extreme3. I'm mostly interested in the software features of the boards themselves (OC, regulation services... etc) as both boards have all the connectivity I would ever want.

Here is a link to the current build for reference. If there are any suggestions for different part picks I'm all ears.

BulletSoul

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
As for OC services, the Asrock part sports an 8 phase power design, while the Asus features a 4 phase. Asrock adds 12K rated caps(very impressive for the price) and Asus is only rocking 5K rated caps. As for overclocking, you'll probably have a more stable overclock using the Asrock board, but I've heard the UEFI isn't as nice to navigate as the Asus board.

If you are most interested in software, grab the Asus board, the Asrock will give you the overclock.

The Asrock also comes with Intel LAN.

For the price I'd say the Asrock comes on top for price/features.

As for your build, I'm assuming you are running a raid on those two hard drives? If not, you might as well jump in and grab a 2TB WD Black. Also note that Intel's new Devil's Canyon is coming out near the end of June, which will be obviously a better buy, if you are willing to wait.