Corsair Carbide 200R and top fans

choff5507

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Hi everyone, I picked up a 200R because it was very well rated on newegg, the only issue is that I am not planning on using a water cooler for the top area nor was I originally planning on putting fans at the top. With that being said I really don't want to have the top open to dust or anything and so is my best option just adding 2 fans at the top? That would put a total of 4 in the case in total.

Anyone else wrestle with this issue and come up with a good solution???

TIA

I'm assuming you have the one fan in the rear, and two up front correct? If so, you don't need to put anything there, as you will have positive pressure in the case, meaning air will be escaping passively everywhere. It won't let any noticeable amount of dust in, you're fine :)

Edit: Just realized you have 2 fans now. I intake and 1 exhaust. If you have the fans plugged into the motherboard, you can have the intake spin faster, which would essentially do the same thing as having more fans by creating positive pressure.

this is not an issue... just install fan at the top , and install them in the manner of taking the air from the inside the case to outside in that case you can not have dust inside
and when you do not use the pc just put a book over the top or something else?

choff5507

Reputable
May 10, 2014
I guess I can add 2 fans at the top, its not a large cost obviously just seems like a little bit of a headache to worry about dust getting in.

choff5507

Reputable
May 10, 2014

Thanks for that info, if I have the standard front intake, rear exhaust and the power supply fan is it worth adding any more?

On the 200R theres 2 spaces on the top and two in the side panel.

do not become crazy about the dust...i mean , its impossible to have a rig without dust???
thats why we have to clean periodically inside the case with a duster (air spray)
i had 2 fans at the top ..and i do not have more dust for that ..you need a filter