razer naga 2014 main buttons bug

Pavol Kondrla

Reputable
May 19, 2014
Hi there, firstly sorry for my english, learned it only by playin games over years.
secondly, since i tried to ask in razer support and got an answer that their
central is evacuated im looking for other solution and found this forum so
wall of text incomming.

so this is my problem,yesterday after few hours of playin broken sword in
scummvm(not the first time in last days) when i turned it down my naga went
crazy. my right button stopped working and my left button acted like right button
everywhere in win e.g. win 7,chrome,start menu and so on. after restart of chrome
my cursor was leavin a trail as in gestures addon when u hold right button. this is
not the first time it happened, few months ago i somehow made it work after few
hours of reinstalling drivers, synapse and also usb ports, but i cant remember
what i did to fix it. so yesterday i was trying to fix it half of the day, reinstalled
drivers, synapse, tried even firmware updater which i found out is no longer
useful since they made synapse to replace it in some way. for that purpose
i connected my old genius mouse and until i pressed right button on genius
mouse,my left mouse button was bugged even on it. after clicking right button
on genius the old mouse was working as usual BUT my naga right button
wasnt still working,tho my left button started working like wonder. so like i said
crazy. after countless reinstalls i made no progress,everytime i connected
naga it started all over with right button always pressed,left button working
as right until i used other mouse. then i found a way to make it work,
i uninstalled everything that had something with razer(except my lycosa
keyboard) and unplugged naga. after restart i just installed synapse,restarted
again just because of it and after that opened synapse and plugged naga AND
IT WORKED! what i didnt expect was that it lasted only few minutes and i dont
know if it was because of some self update(because synapse asked me to update
but i just left it like that) or because i pulled my genius mouse. after that it was
all back, so as far as i can tell its not hardware problem, first time when it happened
i opened naga just to find out its perfectly fine and to void my warranty. im thinking
about some rollback to factory settings/firmware or something like that. if u got
some ideas ill be more than grateful

thanks in advance

jaraldo

Honorable
Hey,
Yea, I would try to reset it to factory settings.

I did a small search and only a few things came up:

-Turn off mapping keys
-Try using it in the front USB port

If nothing changes after that:

-It was "DoA". They have always been known for clicking issues.
-Synapse 2.0 bugging your mouse. For some people it's just is a headache and causes problems that seem "unfixable".
-They did big changes to this mouse compared to the old ones. This could just be a bad model to buy.
-This is from a review from someone who was fixing it constantly
The left and right click are joined to a smaller button on the inside of the mouse, the supports for these two clicks are cheap plastic and wear quickly from use, apparently. I've had to manually repair is several times by reinforcing the groove with glues but in the end my latter mouse ended up having the thing snap. I'd like to think I don't click to hard? I mean, I've never experienced such a problem with a mouse before.. it's almost like it's replacement plan.

Sorry I can't be more helpful :/
It might take you today to find the problem...or maybe a week or 2 or maybe it never fixes. If it was me, I would get rid of it and try to get a better mouse.

Ever since synapse 2.0 I stopped buying razer products :pfff:

Pavol Kondrla

Reputable
May 19, 2014
Hi there,
thx for answer but out of those things i already used front USB port since i was lazy to walk around my desk to unplug and plug it. didnt try that turning off mapping keys but as i wrote i could fix it, even if just for few mins. its still pretty new to me and i have no clue what update it could possibly set that it bugs again after few mins of it being good. also im clueless about how to rollback factory settings in it, since im 100% its not hardware problem, i mean buttons are fine, both are answering on push,just most of the time now in weird way. if u got any idea how to wipe its firmware down to older version im all ears

jaraldo

Honorable
Yeah, I understand. Just sometimes a bad model is...well a bad model.

Have you tried to use it on any other computers?

Another issue may be that you are not completely uninstalling Synapse 2.0.
http://www.uninstallsupport.com/uninstallsoftware/uninstall-Razer-Synapse-2.0-1.00.06-completely.html

This is also just an idea, but I read many guys having success when getting rid of Synapse and installing the old NagaConfig.

Synapse might have an offline mode, but that may have been an earlier version to.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1414182/naga-2014/70
You might be able to find some fixes in here.

Pavol Kondrla

Reputable
May 19, 2014
not now,but last time this happened i tried it on other computer and result was same,right click always pushed without me even touching it. thats what leads me to think its firmware problem since on other pc there was never synapse installed,only win8 plug&play drivers. and i just used that uninstall walkthrough but as i checked registry and all spare files there wasnt any so i think im having clean uninstall. also synapse in offline mode will barely help me since i can have no synapse on any computer which i plug it in and it still does the same thing. if there is some way to clear naga firmware, maybe that way i could make at least 3 base buttons to work and start at that point

jaraldo

Honorable
This topic might be helpful to try.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f25/need-help-with-my-razer-naga-582977.html

Have you downloaded the firmware updater? http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=431&_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=431
Maybe you can reset it that way.

Not sure if this works, but worth a try.
I also know, you can do a hard reset with it by holding down the top three buttons, including the mouse wheel and unplugging it with it held down and plugging it back in, releasing the buttons after five to ten seconds, it sometimes fixes the driver issues.

Pavol Kondrla

Reputable
May 19, 2014
ye i found that topic the same day it happened but none of it worked for me and i thought firmware updater might be a way to go but its outdated, they replaced it with synapse which i dont get since firmware updater should overwrite firmware in device, but all i see its doing is installing updates for itself. it drives me crazy that now with synapse i cant get to firmware. also naga 2014 is not even recognized by updater. but im gonna try that 3 buttons reset, eventho i tried to unplug it, push all 3 and plug it which my win 7 recognizes as installing "bootloader" that i got no idea whats supposed to do

Pavol Kondrla

Reputable
May 19, 2014
forgot to mention that by holding all 3 buttons and plugging it in does not only install razer bootloader, but also turns naga down so its like i didnt connect it at all. after trying that holding all 3 buttons,unplugging and plugging with naga off and another unplugging and plugging it still does exactly the same thing

jaraldo

Honorable
lol, it seems like an endless journey, no? xD

Well, i'll do a bit more searching, but I have answered 4-5 razer topics in the last week and done much research and it seems some razer mice are not fixable sometimes. :/

Pavol Kondrla

Reputable
May 19, 2014
yea, exactly what i feel. most frustrating thing about it is that i already fixed it once and it lasted couple of months, now its 3rd day of trying every possible way. as a previous amiga owner im used to try different things that doesnt even make sense. by that i found out that plugging naga after installing and opening synapse can make it work, even if just for a short while. im not breaking stick on it, its nice mouse and as seeing it, theres something that im missing, like why it stops working after few mins and not immediately when i install it that way

EDIT: while browsing in chrome my pointer suddenly started drawing a line as in gestures when right click is pressed and after that my naga was working, but again only for few mins since after that it bugged again. then after like 10 mins happened the same, i didnt do anything, happened by itself. shame its still working only for few mins