Spilled a tad of water in PC. Question ...

acl11190

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
So it won't turn on. I'm assuming it is fried. This is a brand new PC from ibuypower.

Yes I'm an ahole here... But do you think I can get away with telling them the computer is messed up somehow and get a refund?

Solution
nope. that would be fraud and is illegal (hence not supported here). its easy enough to tell a water spill anyways. some electronics even have liquid sensing stickers which change color and the techs which will look at it are trained to recognize such things.

you can likely get the computer repaired as most likely you only fried one component (hopefully) but a refund is out of the question.
nope. that would be fraud and is illegal (hence not supported here). its easy enough to tell a water spill anyways. some electronics even have liquid sensing stickers which change color and the techs which will look at it are trained to recognize such things.

you can likely get the computer repaired as most likely you only fried one component (hopefully) but a refund is out of the question.

Solution
Where did you spill it, exactly? If you just got it on the video card, then just the video card is likely to be fried. If you threw it in a pool, however, you could have issues.