Can my system handle a GTX 750TI?

moribito02

Reputable
May 21, 2014
Sup all, I have a question about upgrading my video card and I was wondering if my old system will be able to run a GTX 750TI with no problems. I'd like to mention I can play any game I've tried to play but I would prefer having more resources to play these games. If there are any other suggestions on cheap upgrades please feel free to list them as it would be much appreciated. Also if my system can run the 750 TI, which would you guys recommend from newegg?

System Info.:
Board: Biostar A770E3
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955, 3200 MHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: GTX 460
PSU 500 watts
HD: not worth mentioning since it needs to be upgraded too

Kekoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
It all depends on the PSU. Do you know the model name of the PSU? Or can you take a picture of the side of the PSU?

We need to know the Amperage of the PSU. Often times cheaper 500W PSU's have two separate 12V rails which essentials cuts the Amperage in half and is not good for running dedicated GPU's.

moribito02

Reputable
May 21, 2014
I can't seem to find anything about my PSU. It has a few stickers on top but nothing I can see any useful information on other than the S/N. If my PSU can't handle it I can replace that for cheap. Everything else looks to be in order though?

Any tips on HD? I get blue screens every now and then and I think it's time to get rid of this drive. I heard a small SSD combo'd with a larger SATA drive isn't a bad move for people on a budget. Any thoughts on that?

Kekoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
That's a very popular choice. A 128GB or 256GB for main windows partition, plus a handful of games or programs, and then a 1TB+ HDD for music, pics, videos, etc. You still get the fast boot times from an SSD, and the games/programs you have installed on the SSD load like lightning.

Kekoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I would go with the EVGA 750 Ti, it has significantly higher clock speeds compared to the ASUS. Plus EVGA has better customer service should anything ever go wrong with the card.