Motherboard wont POST!

buterflyy319

Reputable
May 21, 2014
My hard drive went out yesterday so I got a new one. I have 3 all together. After installing the new one and cleaning my entire system I tried to start my computer. It would flash the mobo logo then go to a blank screen and have a flashing dash mark and just do that. So I restarted it and got into the bios to change to boot order and then tried to save the settings and the bios would freeze and wouldn't restart. So I unplugged the two that arent my main and it started right up. After explaining the problem to my bf he suggested I switch to the second bios in my mobo ( I have the x89 x power big band msi motherboard, it offers two different bios and also will work in multi bios mode) Well after it shut down, I misunderstood what he said and pushed the multi bios button instead of flipping the switch. i honestly had not realized there was a switch I thought there was just a button) I shut down the pc. and pushed the multi bios button then turned it on. And it shut down and restarted itself several times. And now it will turn on but I will not get any video what so ever. It will turn on light up and fans will run but it will not post. i dont know what to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated, THANKS

buterflyy319

Reputable
May 21, 2014
no it doesnt make beeps but thats because it doesnt have a speaker installed on it. it didnt beep before i had this problem so i dont think thats an issue.

do you think i could have damaged the bios chip or did i mess up the mainboard?