Suggest some good horror movies to watch in the summer vacations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harshilvijay

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
I know no one talks about films etc in this websites
Recently I watched The conjuring and it was very scary movie,please suggest me some more horror films like the conjuring and some other good films from different genre.
Thanks

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
I always liked In the Mouth of Madness. Also if you don't mind subtitles then Let the Right One In is pretty good. It's not scary but has a decent story line, they made a North American version called Let Me In which is crap compared to the original. There really haven't been many good horror movies released for a few years other than the conjuring. I liked how it scares you by the story line and atmosphere over just shock and gore like too many do now days.
The Millennium trilogy is a really good series of movies and while it's not horror there are some pretty graphic parts. I really recommend this series but get the swedish version as I just found it to be a little better.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
A horror movie not to watch: Occulus.

Probably one of the crappiest horror movies I've seen with a guessable plot and nothing but jump scares and gore.

A movie to watch: The Silence of the Lambs

I haven't watched it myself, but I have known a few friends that did and the rating on IMDB is quite high.

I wouldn't call The Silence of the Lambs a scary movie, but I do think the story and acting is great so it's worth watching IMHO.

nobody mentioned the alien series? for shame!
Alien, Alien3, Alien Resurrection, Prometheus (Alien 2 omitted because its more action/comedy)
...whats not to love about this classic (and remakes). action ,suspense, its got it all.

Virus
...a robotic lab ship invaded by a murderous intelligence computer virus. doesnt that sound fun?

The thing (original and the remake.. watch both
...an alien which can become anything it absorbs. can you trust anyone?

darkness falls
...who doesnt like a psychotic tooth fairy?

the exorcist
...perhaps not scary... but suspensefull and creepy at least.

pandorum
...journey through space gone wrong.

christinebcw

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
ALIEN, yes.

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968, although the 1990 version is OK). Especially if you live in a town with film-festivals for a big-screen viewing.

And since we've recently lost Marilyn Burns, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. See if that won't prevent you from stopping at roadside BBQ joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.