Wanting to add 3rd monitor via 2nd video card

Mandude

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
I have searched these forums up and down and can't find the answer I'm looking for anywhere on the internets... lol!

Anyway. I have 2 monitors hooked up via DVI on one card. I now also have a Geforce 210. I installed 210 card, hooked up 3rd monitor, (thinking it would be plug and play) but it just defaults to new monitor and new card leaving other two monitors off... I'm confused. It doesn't give me any options in the properties menu to locate the other monitors... What gives.

I have removed the 2nd video card and my two other monitors work again...

Also this is for my work computer. It has a FX 4600 card.

How to hook 3rd monitor up via 2nd video card in pci-e slot. I don't need performance as I deal with spreadsheets and dumb stuff! LOL!

Solution

I'm not gaming so no need for SLI. I have 4600 graphics card already in machine with two monitors on it. I want to put a 2nd card just for 3rd monitor. I've read it all can be done. But it's not working for me. It should be simple from what I've gathered.

It doesn't see the other graphics card with the two monitors. I want just one monitor off the gt 210 card. I have other card with two monitors hooked to it.

Mandude

Distinguished
May 31, 2011

I have a few different cards to choose from here at work. I just want to add a 3rd monitor via 2nd card in pci-e slot. My work computer just defaults to new card and monitor leaving the other two off.

Mandude

Distinguished
May 31, 2011

I'm not gaming so no need for SLI. I have 4600 graphics card already in machine with two monitors on it. I want to put a 2nd card just for 3rd monitor. I've read it all can be done. But it's not working for me. It should be simple from what I've gathered.

It doesn't see the other graphics card with the two monitors. I want just one monitor off the gt 210 card. I have other card with two monitors hooked to it.

Solution

Mandude

Distinguished
May 31, 2011

Besides the obvious to buy a card that supports three monitors. How with a 2nd card can I hook up a 3rd monitor? via DVI. I don't have a monitor with an HDMI cable. I'm looking for cheapest, simplest way...

Mandude

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
Got it boys. 2 seperate cards om twp different PCI\e slots. Had to go into bios, change a few things, then update gt 210 card drives and presto! 3 screens all working together! Freakin awesome!

Velveeta

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

What did you change in the BIOS? My motherboard's (M4A79XTD EVO) only PCI options are changing their order or something: http://puu.sh/g3mf9/dcd1127e77.png