21.5 inch vs 23.6 inch monitor for gaming?

Tanoshii

Reputable
May 22, 2014
There are two monitors that I'm debating on buying. Both are Full-HD, LED, 1920x1080 resolution, 50,000,000:1 contrast ratio, Asus monitors. The difference between these two monitors is that one (duh) is 21.5 inch and the other is 23.6 inch. The 21.5 inch is 5ms and the 23.6 inch is 2ms (I DON'T care about the 3ms difference, just thought I should include that info). Lastly, there is a $20 or so difference (of course, the 21.5 inch is the cheaper one). So which one should I go for, for gaming? Is the extra 15 sq inch worth the extra $20? Note that I am on a budget!!

Solution
24" -or 23.6- seems to be the sweet-spot for media and gaming (large enough to see everything but not too big that you have to move your head a lot to see the corners). Monitor size is also dependent on how far away you'll be sitting and if you need extra desk space. If you really need to save the cash then no, 15 sq inches won't make a lot of difference, but if you want a bigger monitor then go for it.

BlackPseudicide

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
24" -or 23.6- seems to be the sweet-spot for media and gaming (large enough to see everything but not too big that you have to move your head a lot to see the corners). Monitor size is also dependent on how far away you'll be sitting and if you need extra desk space. If you really need to save the cash then no, 15 sq inches won't make a lot of difference, but if you want a bigger monitor then go for it.

Solution