Questions about 3-way SLI with 3 monitors.

dragonb0y

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Hello,

I was thinking about going with three GeForce GTX 760 video cards in a 3-way SLI configuration paired with three identical monitors with my next gaming build.

■ Is this a possible configuration?
■ Will I be able to use nVIDIA surround on all three monitors?
■ Will I need to modify anything or use any special cables to make it work?

[urlExt=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127748] VIdeo Card [/urlExt] that I plan on using.

[urlExt=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313] Monitor [/urlExt] that I plan on using.

I couldn't find these answers when I was looking around earlier, so I greatly appreciate any answers or help in finding the answers.

Oh, and this is my first time posting on a forum, so if I've done anything incorrectly, please let me know. :)

Solution
I do not believe that to be the case enemy1g, I have 3 monitors and 2 670's, when I am using 3 independent monitors (with my TV set up as a fourth) I have 2 in DVI and 1 HDMI, all in the same GPU (TV is HDMI out in 2nd GPU). When I switch to span all my monitors (so 5760x1080 resolution) I have to move one of the DVI's from my top card to the bottom, and it then uses the HDMI and DVI out of my top 670 and a DVI out of the bottom (though I can still have my TV plugged into the 2nd GPU HDMI).

enemy1g

Honorable
The performance for 3way SLI kind of drops off drastically versus the common 2way SLI.

But regardless, Nvidia Surround requires three of the same connections to use. For example, most commonly, you would be using three DVI-D cables, connecting one to each GPU and each monitor.

Or if you have two GPUs, you'll need an active adapter to change one of the connections to a DVI-D connection, whilst using the two DVI-D connectors already available.

lowriderflow

Distinguished
three 760s isn't worth it. the third one doesn't really add much value.

you're better off with two 770 4gbs. that will power any triple monitor display. if you're using 3x1080p monitors, you can expect to play on ultra in virtually every game.

you'll want 4gb b/c some games will use way more than 2gb VRAM at 5760x1080 res

chugot9218

Honorable
I do not believe that to be the case enemy1g, I have 3 monitors and 2 670's, when I am using 3 independent monitors (with my TV set up as a fourth) I have 2 in DVI and 1 HDMI, all in the same GPU (TV is HDMI out in 2nd GPU). When I switch to span all my monitors (so 5760x1080 resolution) I have to move one of the DVI's from my top card to the bottom, and it then uses the HDMI and DVI out of my top 670 and a DVI out of the bottom (though I can still have my TV plugged into the 2nd GPU HDMI).

Solution