Getting booted from games often.

dandyboy

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Hi guys, it seems as though I am constantly having issues with my current system when gaming. Normal operation is completely fine, just in game that I am having issues. At this point I am wondering if it's not a motherboard issue, as it is kind of the weak link in my system, everything is as follows:

M5A78L-M LX PLUS Motherboard
AMD FX-6300 CPU (95W)
8GB 1600MHz Ripjaws X RAM
nVidia GTX 570 Classified Video Card
650W Corsair PSU

At first, it was just Battlefield 4 I was noticing issues, but I just chalked it up to being BF4. Then I started to notice it with other titles, freezing in-game, either crashed to the desktop and saying nvidia driver recovered, or game stopped working, etc. I've ran memtests, I've reinstalled graphics drivers, I even switched out the CPU at one point. I've ran GPU and CPU benchmarks, seem ok, but wondering where to go from this point. I know that GPU is a pig on power, but I would think the PSU I have would handle it alright. Any ideas here? I'm all for replacing components, I just want to correct the problem here.

Thanks!

bistwo

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
If the only error message you are receiving is the Nvidia driver recovered message, than its more than likely that its a software problem. I would recommend reinstalling the latest Nvidia driver from their website. Make sure that all Nvidia software is removed before reinstalling it. Also disable all overclocking and try it again.

dandyboy

Reputable
May 23, 2014
I've tried that, but no success. Sometimes it just says "x game stopped working" or has some other error message, but it always freezes in the same fashion.

EDIT: Looked at my event log, I have error with event ID 3011, Performance Counter Loading error. I took the steps to reuild this library, hopefully this helps some.